cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement SDK

metadev69
Honored Guest

Not able to find movement SDK in Oculus Integration SDK v46. Am I missing something or its actually not shipped yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

MajorThom13
Honored Guest

I am not seeing the Movement SDK either.
And the documentation under the move face tracking KB references scripts that are not included in the Oculus Integration for Unity.

Face Tracking System
Blendshape Mapping
Correctives Shapes Driver
Recalculate Normals
Drive Skeletal Late Update Logic

I would like for Oculus to provide the full SDK with example scenes showing the face, eye, and body movements all in a working state. I do not appreciate vague references and an incomplete how-to article.

I posted the links above. Please note that you have to copy (can drag and drop in editor) the scene from "Packages" to "Assets" folder

Fumezombie
Protege

Thanks @superbadhombre - very useful. 

But... I'm seeing bugs when running the example scenes. When using Oculus Link, face and eye tracking is not starting, there is a strange polling/flickering texture on the avatar's face, and the right lens on my Quest Pro is showing an un-refreshed trail as you move your head. When trying to deploy to the headset, it just fails and gives up. Simply, it's a bit of a mess! 

I was a little concerned that the OVRCamera Rig shows a note under the attached Script: 

"Note: The currently installed Oculus XR Plugin version does not support configuring Quest Pro as a target device. Please install a compatible version: 2.2.0-preview.1 or newer.

3.2.1 or newer."

So I installed the alpha version 23.1.0a17 which apparently updates Oculus XR Plugin to 3.2.1.

However, this has not changed anything - it is exactly the same problem. 

I will continue to work at this, as it's so frustrating, but the rewards are so high!

Hey Fume,
@Fumezombie 
I think your issue may be versioning still.
I outline my versions here which worked with the oculus sample github for face and body (eye tracking still not working 😞https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Quest-Development/Eye-Tracking-not-working-on-Unity-Pls-help-sad-devs...

It took me awhile to figure out the published version in the Unity Registry is not the XR Plugin version you need.

To install it, I would first make sure you have Oculus Integration v46.0 which you can download through the asset store. This version is critical because it contains the latest Quest Pro code.

Then you can install the XR Plugin by doing the following:

Window -> Package Manager -> Plus Icon -> Add package by name -> name: com.unity.xr.oculus version: 3.2.1

Then install the sample scenes using the method described in the Github.

Hope this works for ya!

Fumezombie
Protege

Hey @superbadhombre,

I was using the correct versions (although on the alpha release of Unity), but it was useful to see I was on the right track and just needed to do some tweaking. Using the MovementAura scene in the movement SDK, I just needed to ensure the correct face tracking / eye tracking permissions were set and reflected in the Android manifest.

So, I can now build the scene on my Quest Pro. It still looks absolutely nuts when running it over Oculus Link, but I guess that will be a nice-to-have some time in the future.

Like you, though, I can't get eye tracking to work yet.  Keeping at it! 

Thanks for your help!

If you haven't yet, check out the post on https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Quest-Development/Eye-Tracking-not-working-on-Unity-Pls-help-sad-devs... where eye tracking is working 😉

Thanks for pointing this out. 

I had the exact same problem: hand tracking working and face and eye tracking not, even after checking versions, enabling support, requesting permissions and changing foveated rendering to eye tracked. 

However one thing was still off: in the build settings under android my meta quest pro would not show up under available devices.

Lo and behold, when I got the new MQP, I simply updated the devices in the mobile app and on the desktop oculus app. Then I could immediately start creating apps through link in unity, so I figured everything was fine.

But I never enabled developer mode for this device in the mobile app like I did for the previous device (quest 2). So I go to the app and see that although I enabled it from the device, the mobile app was still asking me to verify my developer account again. I go through the process again, get all the usb debugging permissions on the device and boom, the quest pro is now available in unity's android build settings and BOOM, all the eye and face tracking works flawlessly using the gaze eye scripts on gameobjects.

Let me know if that fixes it for you too.