cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSC/WebSocket/MQTT to Quest

valfg
Explorer

Hi there, 

I'm trying for a few days to have something working on UE4.27 and I'm hitting a wall. I've made a blueprint where i'm able to receive OSC input data from a remote laptop to a UE4.27 app that then triggers an event (for now print something or play a specific audio cue). It works flawlessly on UE4.27 but as soon as I load the project onto the quest and send that same OSC input data it crashes the app on the Quest 2. I tried different ports, data formats but still the same behavior without much logs to learn from which make me wonder if the Quest forbids such incoming IP communication ... could someone confirm whether or not Oculus Quest accepts remote information (regardless of the protocol used). Maybe I'm missing something in the settings somewhere but I couldn't find much information about it. 

Thanks for your response

5 REPLIES 5

valfg
Explorer

If not OSC, has anyone successfully been able to send and receive data to/from a Quest 2 using TCP/UDP/Websocket/BLE/OSC/WIFI or MQTT? I'm trying to find a way to achieve this but I fear that the Quest 2 doesn't allow any type of data exchange from/to an app. Would love a confirmation on that.

My last tentative would be to emulate a keyboard with a Raspberry pie connected to the Quest over bluetooth. That Raspberry pie would then be able to receive data from external sensors in order to transcribe those into keyboard inputs accepted by the Quest 2. 

Would love your opinion on any of this 🙂 

kyleqiliu
Explorer

I am facing the same issue, any ideas? 

mawozn
Honored Guest

did you find the solution ?

We managed to trigger events from a windows machine to multiple Quest2 devices, all on the same network using UDP communications. We're also reading info from the Quest2 devices onto the windows machine. All quite reliably. 
We're trying to achieve the same using web sockets now but we're getting app crashes. Still investigating this, any input on web sockets would be greatly appreciated. 

ahsan4313
Honored Guest

Any update regarding this issue, I am trying MQTT for quest, its not working but when attach Quest 2 with PC. It works fine. 

How can i make MQTT work for Quest2 as an apk?