cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVRInputModule stops working when the VR headset is moved

The_MG
Honored Guest

Hello,

I'm using the OVRInputModule eventsystem to have controller interaction with some UI elements. When the Quest 2 is stationary everything works fine. When I move my Quest 2 around it stops getting hits with my UI elements (It also happens with none UI elements) and it never works again until I restart the game. The same behavior happens when building and running the game directly on the Quest 2.

I was using the Oculus Integration v37 and update to v39 didn't fix it.

I don't do anything special when moving the headset so it seems to me that it's a bug with the OVRInputModule. Does anyone have a solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The_MG
Honored Guest

I decided to simplify the issue in a whole new unity project. For some unknown reason, the simplified version decided to work in the new project. Then I transferred all my code to the new project and it works! I don't find any differences between the two projects but it works!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The_MG
Honored Guest

I decided to simplify the issue in a whole new unity project. For some unknown reason, the simplified version decided to work in the new project. Then I transferred all my code to the new project and it works! I don't find any differences between the two projects but it works!