cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open URL in Oculus Browser from Unity application

julienkay
Adventurer
The title basically says it all. Is it possible for an application to open the Oculus Browser with a specific URL? Maybe through App Deep Linking?
12 REPLIES 12

julienkay
Adventurer
I guess I can answer this myself.
Application.OpenURL() seems to do the trick. No need to overcomplicate things.

Application.OpenURL seems to work for Windows, but what if I am on the Quest?

Yes what should we do If We have build the apk for quest and inside the apk when when we hit the button it doesn't seems to open the web browser. Did you got any solution for this problem ? 

Application.OpenURL() I used this and it was working on PC when I hit play in unity, but when I exported the apk The link didn't opened in Quest 

muhr2
Explorer

Still no solution for that?

Shedl
Honored Guest

Any feedback?

GrahamFord
Explorer

Update: now if you open a url from your quest apk, it will automatically open oculus's meta quest browser. for me it seems to close my app after opening the browser though, so im not sure how helpful that is to you if your app closes

I am trying to figure out how to get it to open in the background as well, or be able to go back to the application that opened it after interacting with the browser.  If anyone has any hints, or if meta wants to listen in for future features, it would be able to interact with the browser and not close the main application that opened the browser.

Sammey
Honored Guest

My browser seems to open (after having to close the app) but the url used in Application.openURL("https://..") is not opened in the browser. Is anyone else here having that same issue?