cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy policy issue when publishing the app to app lab

kyleqiliu
Explorer

Hi everyone~ 

I am running into a privacy policy issue when we try to publish the app to the app lab. 

We didn't collect any user data in any form for our app, so we show that on our privacy policy page. 

But still, we receive feedback from the review team indicating we have some issues with our privacy policy. 

Here are 2 feedback from oculus team:

kyleqiliu_0-1653587409433.png

kyleqiliu_1-1653587434004.png

I have 2 questions:

I have an assumption of the issue, which is our client wants to show, that in the future version, we will collect user data, but in the current version, we don't. Is this causing the misunderstanding?  

If we show that we didn't collect any user data, do we still have to have a clear explanation of how the user may request all their data?

If anyone has any idea or experience, please leave your thought, thank you so much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kyleqiliu
Explorer

Update:

Turns out my guess was right, we ask the client to delete the "in the future version" part, then it passed the oculus privacy check. 

This shows the privacy policy should reflect the current app states.  

I know this sounds pretty straightforward, but I will just log this in case someone runs into the similar situation~

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kyleqiliu
Explorer

Update:

Turns out my guess was right, we ask the client to delete the "in the future version" part, then it passed the oculus privacy check. 

This shows the privacy policy should reflect the current app states.  

I know this sounds pretty straightforward, but I will just log this in case someone runs into the similar situation~