cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Local Storage Path changed? - Quest1 App broken!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,

I developed a few APKs that run perfectly on Go and Quest 1.
A Unity video player loads a video stored in a local folder on runtime. For that, I switched the video source to URL and its path to /mnt/sdcard/myfolder/video.mp4

Now on Quest 2, it doesn't load the video! Is there a new path? Or does Quest 2 not accept ARMv7 APKs? The app is running on Quest 2, mind you, but not loading the video - as if it doesn't know where to look for the files.

I hope someone from the Oculus officials can shed some light on this.

Thanks
Felix

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, turns out the manifest is fine, but your line of code only gets recognized when targeting Android API 29 in Unity build settings.
BUT then I can't seem to install this build on Quest2 :s
Small baby steps, but maybe still in the right direction?

Could you please tell me @"yuuki.shimada.77" , which API did you target for Quest 2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally got it installed with the updated manifest using API29, but the app still doesn't load my movie, stored on an external folder inside Quest 2 😞

yuuki.shimada.77
Explorer
@TheSwanCollective

In my environment, I was able to write the csv file to "/mnt/sdcard" with the following settings.
However, I don't know if there is a problem in loading the video.

Player Settings
3mmha76irybd.png
nnw53nirrs4f.png

Build Settings
4xs9fr5ah0xz.png

yuuki.shimada.77
Explorer
AndroidManifest.xml

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear @"yuuki.shimada.77" , thank you so much for trying to help me and sharing your valuable info! Very kind of you ❤️
Nevertheless, in my particular case it still doesn't work. Tried all API combinations and build settings. It ALWAYS works on Quest1, never on Quest2. I don't understand it at this point, because it just would make sense that it works with the "requestLegacyExternalStorage". Strangely it doesn't. Don't know what else it could be ...

Gerard_Slee
Explorer
Same issue here: Any news for @OculusSupport. Everything works as expected except loading of files from the sdcard. 
This same problem was there when moving from Go to Quest, now from Quest to Quest2. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here: Any news for @OculusSupport. Everything works as expected except loading of files from the sdcard. 
This same problem was there when moving from Go to Quest, now from Quest to Quest2. 

Good to hear others are struggling as well and that it's a common issue concerning more people than just myself.
Out of curiosity - what did change between Go and Quest1? Because I did the transition from Go to Quest1 as well, but didn't have any problems. The same paths and permissions/manifest worked on both devices.

huangjun
Protege
Unity Video player can play movie in quest2,but avp can't.We testing avp's path now

stellamaris347
Explorer
I had the same problem but it was solved
The cause of the error in `android:requestLegacyExternalStorage = "true" ` is that the billtool version is old
You need to update the version of bildtool

Open the build.gradle file located in unity / projectname / Temp / gradleout / unityLibrary/ and set buildToolsVersion
to 29.0.2. (If the build.gradle file does not exist, it will be displayed once you build it)
buid.gradle
// GENERATED BY UNITY. REMOVE THIS COMMENT TO PREVENT OVERWRITING WHEN EXPORTING AGAIN
apply plugin: 'com.android.library'

dependencies {
implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
implementation(name: 'OVRPlugin', ext:'aar')
}

android {
compileSdkVersion 29
buildToolsVersion '29.0.2'

compileOptions {
sourceCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8
targetCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8
}

defaultConfig {
minSdkVersion 23
targetSdkVersion 29
ndk {
abiFilters 'armeabi-v7a'
}
versionCode 1
versionName '0.1'
consumerProguardFiles 'proguard-unity.txt'
}

lintOptions {
abortOnError false
}

aaptOptions {
ignoreAssetsPattern = "!.svn:!.git:!.ds_store:!*.scc:.*:!CVS:!thumbs.db:!picasa.ini:!*~"
}

packagingOptions {
doNotStrip '*/armeabi-v7a/*.so'
}
}

Although it is in Japanese, it is an article I wrote. In reference 

qiita.com/colllet/items/5ab293c52f4bd4e2ecbb

I'm not good at English, but I hope it will be transmitted

SrEskild
Explorer
I had read problems as well. As I understood my problem was that the Quest 2 is running Android 10 and Unity has some problems with this. So I ended up choosing Android 9 (API 28) and used unity 2019.2.
hope this can help.