cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 support on NVIDIA Quadro T2000 vis PC Link?

rtschnell
Honored Guest

Hi, my colleague and I are developing on Windows PC/laptop for Quest 2, using OpenGL. I have an NVIDIA Quadro P5200, and can successfully run the OculusRoomTiny_GL executable from my laptop and display on the Quest 2 via the PC Link cable (hooray!)

However, my colleague, running with Quadro T2000 graphics, is getting an "Incompatible system hardware" error.

I've checked the Quest hardware compatibility page, and the number of mentioned NVIDIA cards are quite small (and no mention of Quadro at all). Does that mean that some Quadro cards are compatible, but others are not?

Thanks much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There more than stereo images.  It is a complex rendering system for vr applications. 

t2000 - doesn't have enough pipelines and features to render images

Capture.JPG

the p5200 is in line 20 series cards.  Where as the t2000 is under powered.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PITTCANNA
Visionary

developing possibly you can use the the t2000 and p series, but from a perspective of running link there is no way the t2000 and p series will never be able to run pcvr over link.  Not enough power and and the quest development team is not going to optomize for lower end cards.

rtschnell
Honored Guest

Thanks for the response, but I'm using the NVIDIA Quadro P5200 and the cable link is working fine.  So really my question is, how does one tell *which* Quadro cards might be supported via PC link, if none of them are listed on the Oculus Link compatibility chart?  (this is not a gaming application, but scientific visualization, thus Quadro cards used instead of GeForce)

In short they are not supported "officially" there not going pull resources for validation of Quadro gpus.  It will end up just being a crap shoot.  Considering most have 1000, 2000, and 3000 these days, I don't think it would be profitable for officially writing drivers for them.

rtschnell
Honored Guest

I'm still unclear on exactly how the stereo images, generated on the program running on the PC (and utilizing the graphics board), and then later sent to the Oculus headset via the PC link, need to be dependent on the Oculus "recognizing" a given graphics board.  As long as the software can feed images fast enough to the Oculus headset, why does it care on the specific flavor of graphics?

There more than stereo images.  It is a complex rendering system for vr applications. 

t2000 - doesn't have enough pipelines and features to render images

Capture.JPG

the p5200 is in line 20 series cards.  Where as the t2000 is under powered.

I think I am sharing the same fate with the T2000.

I have a lovely RTX Quadro 3000 series for my laptop.

If I knew that I would keep away from the workstation laptops.. Just kidding...  😛