cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Lab, VRC.Quest.Functional.5, The app appears to only support 3DOF, Using OVRCameraRig

Arc_Media
Honored Guest

Hi, 

So I have had my app fail to publish to App Lab with the error:

'The app appears to only support 3DOF. Apps on the Quest platform must support 6DOF and respond to the HMD's positional tracking as well as orientation.' 

error: VRC.Quest.Functional.5

Firstly the I have uploaded 3 apps to App Lab using exactly the same build from Unity just changing the cube map renders, all other uploads have been fine.

I am running Unity 2019.4.13f1, using the OVRCameraRig as I need to use per eye skyboxes for my stereoscopic renders, (I have tried using the new XR camera but I need to use per eye unique skyboxes). Everything functions great within the app, I only need 3DOF, and I presume my app is 6DOF with developing for quest, just un-noticeable due to being a camera viewing skyboxes and only physical 3D geometry clickable buttons?

NOTE: If I turn on Position tracking in the camera the app feels rubbish, with buttons moving slightly.

Is there another setting I have missed? Is this a recent test that other apps have passed before? Or is this just a random test fail and I need to just re-submit with a note saying I only need 3DOF for the client?

I have had apps fail before due to icon pixel size and had to add a note saying it is exactly what is required then it gets passed!!

Please could anyone give some guidance.

1 REPLY 1

Arc_Media
Honored Guest

Hi, I have decided to update as I still have had no feedback on this problem, I have since re-submitted the app with a note specifying that.

"I do not need the app to work with 6DOF and by turning on headset tracking it completely ruins the VR experience, the VR tour is based around two cube renders one for each eye so any movement other than 3DOF is not necessary, also that two previous apps, approved and uploaded to app lab have used exactly the same back end and have uploaded fine, just swapped out renders."

But alas the exact same error, VRC Quest Functional 5, Menu elements of the app appear to only support 3DOF. Apps on the Quest platform must support 6DOF and respond to the HMD's positional tracking as well as orientation.

Does anyone have a resolution for this using Unity and OVR Camera (Per eye cube maps), especially as there have been no issues in the past?