cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Meta avatars + Oculus interaction hands

andrew2106
Explorer
  • Its first time
  • This is my project and would like to snap avatar hands the same way as hand mesh
  • tried to resize LeftHandSyntetic, Looked in the HandModifier. placed Avatar with "SampleAvatarEntity" script under OculusInteractionSampleRig prefab. The same with the right hand. It is not an issue but when I hide mesh the avatar hands are not precise when grabbing because there are 
  • no hand poses recorded.
  • The same issue is in other locations.
7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for getting back with us! To better assist you, we'd like to direct you to the developer part of the forum. You can use this link. You'll get more detailed help as needed! 

iMight404
Retired Support

Moving this to the developer section of the forums so you can get some better help!

NeckBro_Leo
Explorer

Hey Andrew!

Is there any new updates for this issue! 

Hope your help! Thanks

omerademoglu
Explorer

Can u help me to create an meta avatar that can interact with objects? Also wrote u from discord

loureiro.raul
Honored Guest

Any update on this issue? we are facing the same problem and can't find any help. 😞

PicoPlanetDev
Protege

Did any of you figure this one out? I'm still stuck on the same problem and trying to use the Synthetic hands as a data source for the avatar.

Finally got a solution to the avatar synthetic hands problem: I was looking through the Unity-Decomissioned project for some reason or another yesterday and I discovered a few avatar scripts, one of which was a replacement for the Sample Input Manager that let you select a source for the HMD and hands. The code was old and I had to replace a GetRootPose with a TryGetRootPose (didn't do anything about the case where it fails though) so I thought I'd share my edits in a github repo: https://github.com/PicoPlanetDev/interaction-sdk-avatars2-integration/tree/main

I included a few comments and screenshots to make it easy to follow.