cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying the desk feature to work - opinion

StormyHowls
Explorer

So, I have an excel project that I'm working on from home. Figured I'd try the new desktop feature on the quest to work on my computer. Drew in the keyboard area. I could have sworn last time I was playing around with this; the quest created a passthrough of the table I was at last time. But there was just a surface, nothing on it. Whatever, it's not like I'm not fluent on a keyboard, but least I had an idea where it would be. Well, I tried to load up Virtual desktop. I noticed both my hands disappeared and so did the desk. I knew my hands were being tracked because I could activate the home command with my fingers. Whatever, I figure, what to expect from a third party to not support this. I switched to cable link via built in app. It said this app is not available with desk on. Tried the airlink, same thing, not available with desk on. 

What's the point if I can't work on my computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Phatt.One
Explorer

I am a fairly new user of the Quest 2 so I have only recent apps to go on so don't  know what functionality has been added/removed from virtual desktop before last November.   

Is it possible that last time you tried it it you may have been using Horizon Workrooms. Connecting via the Oculus Remote Desktop PC application to stream content to the Workrooms VR desktop display on your headset?  There is a passthrough option on the right of the outlined desk working area that opens up athe passthrough 'portal' within the highlighted area.

Hope that helps 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Phatt.One
Explorer

I am a fairly new user of the Quest 2 so I have only recent apps to go on so don't  know what functionality has been added/removed from virtual desktop before last November.   

Is it possible that last time you tried it it you may have been using Horizon Workrooms. Connecting via the Oculus Remote Desktop PC application to stream content to the Workrooms VR desktop display on your headset?  There is a passthrough option on the right of the outlined desk working area that opens up athe passthrough 'portal' within the highlighted area.

Hope that helps