cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE4 Can't get the guardian within the editor.

Rowdywabbid
Explorer
Hi, I'm doing "VR Development with Oculus and Unreal Engine" course on unreal learning. The lesson "Oculus Guardian" I can't seam to get "Is Guardian Configured" to run true on Q2 with link. Is it rift only? oculus subsystem is enabled and so is the guardian within the headset, running 4.26.
14 REPLIES 14

lucascdsantos
Explorer

Hey man, have you figure out how to make the "Is Guardian Configured" work? I'm trying to find everywhere for this and nobody got a final solution.

Did the guys at Oculus reply to your ticket?

I was told its on the TODO list but that was a while ago.

robert.ooghe.1
Protege

In my case, I was using "Is Guardian Configured" as a condition to launch a debug mode, where I'd see a 2x2m black outline around the player, which I never got to work viewing VR through Oculus link.

However, later, when I launched the app onto my headset, I *did* get the Debug Mode and could see the black square outline, so I believe Is Guardian Configured does not work through Oculus Link and must be called natively.

Also, I had not done my Data Use Checkup when I originally asked, so be sure to do that as well.

Hi Rowdywabbid, could you point me to that ticket or is it private?
I'm having the same issue, but like to stick to Quest 2 + air link, not Quest native.
I like to see if there are any updates.
Thanks.

wildlifela
Honored Guest

Added a GitHub issue to Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine Repository.  https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/issues/161