cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C link fails to connect but keeps charging

Wuxinberry
Honored Guest

I'm using Oculus Quest 2 and my PC's system is Windows. And I have opened Developer mode in my Oculus App.

I tried to connect my quest 2 to with my PC by USB-C or Double C link, but both of these attempts failed.

When I use USB-C port, it keeps charging for my Quest 2, but didn't show any prompt. It's said that it will ask you "Allow USB debugging?".

When I use double C port, it shows that "Allow the Device read the data ...". But still failed when I test the connection on Oculus Client on my PC.

I'm confused. Any advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

grisgris
Explorer

Not sure if this helps - assuming you are trying to use Link- but USB c is not all created equal - not cables - not connectors - not ports/cards

https://support.oculus.com/1133303380508378

https://support.oculus.com/140991407990979

I am using Oculus link cable and the USB C port on an EVGA 2080 Ti RTX with good results and hopefully "futureproof"  GL& HF

artieTwelve2
Explorer

I was having the same problem today.  For no good reason, I could no longer build and run. I kept getting an error message stating that the device was not authorized. This all started with a botched install of 2021.2.5 and then a complete wipe of all things Unity.

Once I reinstalled 2020, I got it working after a lot of googling and came up with:

I put the Android SDK and NDK in my system path. I don't have Android Studio installed so I'm using the versions that come with Unity. Once I had a command prompt where I could type "adb devices", and it came back with <device number> Unauthorized. Then I unplugged the USB cable, rebooted the Quest and plugged the cable back in. I got the popup that shows the fingerprint of the device, and after clicking "yes", I immediately got the pop up to allow the device to share data/files over USB. At that point I went back to the command line and ran "adb devices" again and it came  "<device number>   device". At that point, I could build and run again. 

Not sure why I had to jump through those hoops, but I can build and run again. Now if I could only get player editor to start working again... but that's another post.