cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Dev - VideoPlayer using URL - nothing but green

rlogan
Explorer
I am creating an app for the Oculus Quest that will let a user navigate through a hierarchy of various 360 videos. I initially started by bundling the videos in the apk but that gets out of hand quickly and causes memory issues with the builds. I switched to the URL method and I am now loading videos off the local drive.

Unfortunately, now the screen only renders green. It should not be a codec issue as the same video worked fine when set directly in Unity and bundled with the apk. I see the following error with logcat:

AndroidVideoMedia::SetSecPosition could not complete seek to frame 63. Codec appears to be stalled at frame -1.

The frame # continues to increment but error just repeats. I am not attempting any seek, this is a just a Prepare() followed by a Play();

Permissions appear to be set properly because prior to that, I only saw a black screen and a had relevant permission errors in logcat.

Anyone seen something similar?
2 REPLIES 2

rlogan
Explorer
Ended up moving to Mono 360 video and it is working for now. No idea why the 3D 360 video would not play when using url to load as it worked fine when packaged into apk. The new video works fine using the url/local storage method.

hiteshsarsava
Honored Guest

rlogan said:

Ended up moving to Mono 360 video and it is working for now. No idea why the 3D 360 video would not play when using url to load as it worked fine when packaged into apk. The new video works fine using the url/local storage method.

can you please share the code of demo of it. It would more and more help from you. Thanks.