cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User files with multi-user accounts

Punchey
Level 3

How can I read/write files from/to the device while logged in as a secondary user?

I currently write logs as well as user-generated content to Unity's Application.persistentDataPath, which comes out to be under:

Quest\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.MyStudio.MyGame\files\

However, when logged in under a secondary user account, I can't seem to enable the ability to browse files on the device using a PC, so I can't gather any debug logs I've written to debug issues while logged in as a secondary user. If I log back in as the primary user, I only see logs, and user-generated content written to the above location by the primary user. No user-generated files by the secondary user appear. But when logged in as the secondary user, I can see their user-generated content, but not that of the primary user.

It seems each user somehow has their own data folder, but I can only access the primary user's data via a connected PC. And if I want to manually place data files into the folder via PC, I can only do that for the primary user, not the secondary. 

So I either need to know if it is possible to read and write files to/from the device while logged in as a secondary user, or if there is another protected common storage area I can read/write from/to that can be accessed by any account logged into the device?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

iam account holder primary the owner of oq2 and same happened to me iam now stuc i 2md account witch i didnt even nou could until i could t play games or anything iam fumin ive comp!ained but nothing ivr alseo had an developer account earlyer not its nowher to be seen amd 2nd fb account aparently had someone who wasnt me on so now its locked and i payed all this money toplayno games stilgot the softwear that account wanted me to upload but google wanted too much fromme andmy accounts so iam glad i did as bese coments make it alll sounds sus thay wabnted my gmail

IamanIRON
Level 2

I can confirm that using the Oculus Browser and WeTransfer also works well. Just change the drop down in the file window from media to all to see all files.