cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using external USB-C camera

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm trying to use an external USB-C camera connected to the Oculus Quest HMD. I'm trying to access to this camera in Unity. When connected, I'm using Android native API to ask for USB permission. But unfortunately the permission dialog does not appear, I can see the 3 dots screen instead of my app until I disconnect the camera in order to get back in my app.
Is there some specific configuration to do in order to ask USB camera permission?
And is it possible to switch my app in non VR mode just to check if the permission dialog appear in this mode?
Thanks for your help.
6 REPLIES 6

huangjun
Protege
Try use sidequest tv open a app to give permission to your app?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I added camera permission in the app manifest and I get the USB camera popup. It was working great !
But same app on another device showed the USB permission which I accept but not the regular Android camera permission.
In the various oculus app, there is a 3 dot contextual menu on the right of the app icon with a permission menu that allow checking for app's granted permission. But I don't have this menu on my own unity app so I can't check for app permission. Do you know how to display this ? 
Or does anybody know a way to check for a custom app permission on Oculus Quest?

XRai
Explorer
Hi lool33!
How did you manage to get a USB camera show in a unity project? I have a webcam connected to my quest, but can for the life of me not find it when running the app on my Quest. Works on my android phone though... 
Any pointers that you can give me to look into?

Anonymous
Not applicable
@lool33 what kind of plugin are you using for accessing and usb camera in Unity? Webcameratexture doesn't work with usb cams

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also trying to access the USB C port on the quest through unity. Anyone come up with a solution?

keli95566
Explorer

Me tooo! Anyone has found a solution??