cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content you would like to see on Gear VR

cdmoore74
Protege
I'm not a developer; just a user. Wanting to get an idea of what people would like on Gear VR. Maybe a developer will make our wishes come true.

Quake VR (game is 16 years old so I "assume" the Note 4 should handle it)
Mechwarrior VR (another 16 year old game)
GTA VR
Shenmue (old Sega dreamcast game I use to play)
Flight Sim
Unreal Tournament VR
Half life (not sure if the Note can handle this one)
Roller coaster simulator (build your on rides and download to the SD card)
NBA court side view with selectable angles
Arcarde racing (from the drivers seat with plenty of hills)
Full Screen game emulator (Sega, Nintendo and Mame)
Netflix

Hell; I can see many of those old school games getting reworked for Gear VR. I would love me a VR online Mech combat game. Most games back then were light by today's standards and ran on Pentium 2 single cores running 300 to 400MHz. I believe Gear VR could bring new life to some of them.
55 REPLIES 55

dkendall93
Honored Guest
I would love to see netflix and youtube come to the theatre. Also the ability to move around and seat change in the cinema would be amazing. Some emulators would be cool. More full games like herobound are prime, I'm sure alot of people are getting sick of the standard, look around in a turret and shoot in space kind of games. Experiences like some rollercoasters and dreadhalls are great. I'm ready to throw my money out, so go go guys 🙂

Gherron
Protege
Herobound is a good start for a God's-eye-view type of game, but I would be really excited to see a Baldur's Gate type of game. I loved that genre and think putting that in VR could be awesome.

Also, I haven't had a chance to try an over-the-shoulder third person game. Would that lessen the VR sickness problems with games like Dreadhalls? If so, a World of Warcraft type MMO would be great. We may be one or two smartphone versions away from that level of game. Also, I put would be a challenge since you need lots of hot bar buttons.

Speaking of Blizzard, what about Starcraft?

If companies like Warhammer and Privateer Press get behind this, tabletop strategy games could be great! I like paint no miniatures, but don't have a chance to actually go and play. Imagine having a 3D scan of your favorite minis and playing those on a VR tabletop game.

On a sillier level, I'm curious to see what type of spin a Dev could make on casual games like Solitaire, Chess, etc.

After looking at the game suggestions I have, it's becoming clear I'm more comfortable with the top-down perspective. More specifically, I'm leaning towards any view other than first-person. Sadly, I appear to be one of those rather sensitive to the first-person nausea issue. :cry:

techie0000
Honored Guest
a video player that will convert and play video files for 3d-TVs

bedaniel
Honored Guest
It's a No Brainer get Netflix and Youtue apps. Ability to surf the web. So many people are impressed with my Gear VR but i get the same question over and over can it stream? Besides the few presentation people are more impressed that it turns your Phone into a Huge Movie theater. I would also like a game or movie experience where i can walk in the environment! dpad will be legs give me the option to move around and look where i really want to look. (great example would be disney world when you walk in the caves and look at the interactive designs.

BruceLi
Honored Guest
Definitely a app for Netflix would be great.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to see a music player app added with 360 degrees 3D visualization. G Force or Milk Drop level visualizations would be ideal. The music player could be used to play music while outside of the app, ideal for listening to music while browsing photos, for example.

Gear VR does an excellent job showcasing the variety of ways VR can be used beyond games, so music would be one area that hasn't been touched yet.

I'll echo adding YouTube. The showcase in Google Cardboard is nice, but I used Cardboard for all of less than one minute and then I was done. The judder is just a no-go. Realistically, no one is going to watch YouTube on that thing just for discomfort alone.

JCat
Expert Protege
A build and ride your own RollerCoaster program which includes making your own themes, or a RollerCoaster Tycoon-style game with the "ride it" feature as the above mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The option to toggle Wifi, Airplane Mode and Bluetooth would be good to have so that you don't need to remove the phone to do so. Airplane Mode would be good for ensuring resources are left for the Gear VR. I've had it heat up over doing updates in the background.

munkondi
Explorer
the original DOOM would be amazing
surely that shouldn't be too difficult to port? and Carmack's on board!