cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content you would like to see on Gear VR

cdmoore74
Protege
I'm not a developer; just a user. Wanting to get an idea of what people would like on Gear VR. Maybe a developer will make our wishes come true.

Quake VR (game is 16 years old so I "assume" the Note 4 should handle it)
Mechwarrior VR (another 16 year old game)
GTA VR
Shenmue (old Sega dreamcast game I use to play)
Flight Sim
Unreal Tournament VR
Half life (not sure if the Note can handle this one)
Roller coaster simulator (build your on rides and download to the SD card)
NBA court side view with selectable angles
Arcarde racing (from the drivers seat with plenty of hills)
Full Screen game emulator (Sega, Nintendo and Mame)
Netflix

Hell; I can see many of those old school games getting reworked for Gear VR. I would love me a VR online Mech combat game. Most games back then were light by today's standards and ran on Pentium 2 single cores running 300 to 400MHz. I believe Gear VR could bring new life to some of them.
55 REPLIES 55

GamerSan
Honored Guest
"dulber" wrote:
How about adding AR (augmented reality) to Star Chart VR?
Using my devices GPS information to determine where I am
Pair that with existing information (might need an update) on the app with the time and date
Then show the constellations visible in my specific location in the sky as I look up.
It must use the camera pass through and overlay the VR constellations and planets on the screen (AR part)

Most of that feature set is already available - apart from the camera pass through - if you go to the closest view of Earth, you can 'click' into Earth and what we call SkyView - this lets you view the night sky from your GPS location. Just not with pass-through camera...

khan1001
Honored Guest
Formula 1 live races 😄
An update that will allow the use of LTE for all content!! (For those with an unlimited LTE data plan and faster data connection than wifi)

CakeBlood
Honored Guest
I would like to see Don't Let Go which you would maybe keep your finger on the touchpad to keep playing, or if you had any kind of a joystick/controller you could choose which one you have so it actually looks like your hand with that joystick/controller. Also a game like Dreadeye would be awesome!

Best Regards
Jakob Daníel

Fantomex1981
Honored Guest
I would like to see any kind of .pdf reader, or .cbr/.cbt reader. It would be really nice if we had a chance to read e-books in some form of real virtual book. I know there is Chimera reader, but that is just for .epub files.
I wouldn't mind if chimera reader would suport .pdf or some other format, that would be a step foreward too...

vrbites_com
Explorer
Emulators on the big screen.
Love this time in space! can't wait for the super intelligent computers to answer our questions, solve our problems and give us eternal life and energy. I would bio-tweak myself to the max :mrgreen:

nickga
Honored Guest
i would like to see Skygo

Molly
Explorer
Youtube support for Oculus Cinema is a nobrainer and makes me wonder what the heck Oculus are thinking by so stubbornly excluding it. Also streaming support for UPNP/DLNA sources in the same would be awesome.

xyzman
Protege
Yes.  Omega Agent - the next sequel.

MistaBeans
Sightseer
An N64 and/or PS1 emulator! That would be so sick. They're already on PC, it'd be amazing to step inside of Spyro or Ocarina of Time!

DrawTheLine
Explorer
If I could have an official Star Wars Rogue Squadron game for the Rift/VR I would be forever happy.