cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting 2 2D mp4 videos in to one 3D SBS

Micim987
Honored Guest
Like I said in the title, I'm looking for software that can take 2 mp4's recorded from left and right positions and combine them into one 3D SBS mp4 for playing on the gear vr. Preferably free but I really don't want to pay more that $25 on a converter.
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can do this with Stereo Movie Maker, which is free.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Micim987
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
You can do this with Stereo Movie Maker, which is free.

I found it a while ago and I am unable to get it work properly and have found little about it online.
I keep getting the Error "Cannot take Frame Image Handel. You could install the necessary codec. FORCC code of your video is H264"

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try installing the K-Lite codec pack, maybe you don't have all the right codecs installed.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Micim987
Honored Guest
I was finally able to get it working using "Any Video Converter" to convert the mp4's and mkv's to avi with the xvid codec, making them stereoscopic then converting them back to mp4.