cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook login deactivated

DiamondHorse
Level 2

Can't use my gear vr anymore as oculus requires meta account but forces me to login by facebook. Nothing works  anymore. Error message is (please excuse this may not be the exact translation from German): "To keep your account safe you can't log in through embedded browser. Update the app from where you are login and try again". There is no update! I have deinstalled and installed again. What's the problem with FACEBOOK, OCULUS, META, WHATEVER??????? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? Can't be that hard to make the gear vr work again! If you deactivate it I want my money back!

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We understand you are concerned about the Meta accounts and not being able to enjoy your Meta device because you are unable to login to the account, this is not something we like to hear, but don't worry, we will get you taken care of as soon as possible.

Could you please Pm us so that we can look into this further. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

seems like a general problem that affects everyone,I've already contacted the helpdesk and tried different things but they can't solve it, I have the suspicion that the gear vr is just no longer supported but we are being kept on the line, not very nice of them.

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DiamondHorse! If you're still having issues, please reach out to Samsung Support for further assistance with your Gear VR.

All the best.