cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Quick camera passthrough

firagabird
Adventurer
When I'm in Gear VR, there are times where I would like to very quickly "take a peek" to see my surroundings before jumping right back into VR. The camera passthrough is a great feature for not having to remove the headset. The problem is it takes several seconds and several steps in order to get it. I find myself ignoring that feature in favor of just flipping the headset up, but then it's an issue of messing up the strap positioning as well as the headphones I wear.

I'd like to request a much faster way to toggle the passthrough camera by letting the user double click the Home button, sort of like a shortcut. That button is reserved by the system, and the double click isn't being used right now. If the user's using the VR controller, it would even be faster than bringing their hand up to the headset. I feel that adding the shortcut would add much more value to the passthrough, and many more people would use it.
S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.
5 REPLIES 5

firagabird
Adventurer
@imperativity 

Any chance for this feature request to be considered by the mobile team?

firagabird
Adventurer
Any updates on this feature request for 2018?

ChrisFromLI
Honored Guest
Agreed this would be handy.

StaRky_FR
Protege
Sorry to dig up an old post but any news on this ?

Since Vuforia is not supported in Gear VR this is a critical question if you ever plan on doing AR on Gear VR...

@imperativity

oneav8oroc
Honored Guest

Any updates on this feature request for 2020?  Ever?