cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR 2016 SM-R323 Specs

rgang50
Level 3
I am having a lot of difficulty finding the specs for Gear VR viewer SM-R323. Specifically I looking for: Screen to lens distance, Inter lens distance, Tray/case (Top & Bottom) to lens distance, Field of View angles (Outer, Inner, Top & Bottom). I do not wish to go by tape measure (too crude).
I seek this info to define the viewer to apps such as Cardboard to get a better viewing experience. At present I am in the default mode which gets me by.
I hope this info is not "protected info" requiring "Non Disclosure" certs.
Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NEO2016
Level 2

rgang50 said:

I am having a lot of difficulty finding the specs for Gear VR viewer SM-R323. Specifically I looking for: Screen to lens distance, Inter lens distance, Tray/case (Top & Bottom) to lens distance, Field of View angles (Outer, Inner, Top & Bottom). I do not wish to go by tape measure (too crude).
I seek this info to define the viewer to apps such as Cardboard to get a better viewing experience. At present I am in the default mode which gets me by.
Any help is appreciated.

here are the specs:

Optical Lens: Φ42, FOV 101º, x6.25
Interpupillary Distance: 62mm (fixed)
Eye Relief: 10mm
PUI / Button: Touchpad, Back button, Home button, Volume button
Sensor: Gyro / Accel. (Sampling Rate : 1KHz), Proximity
Phone Connection: USB Type-C & Micro USB
Strap: Soft band type
Weight: 345g (312g without Font Cover)
Headset Size: 207.8(W) x 122.5(L) x 98.6(H)mm
Color: Blue Black

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NEO2016
Level 2

rgang50 said:

Any help is appreciated.

here are the specs:

Optical Lens: Φ42, FOV 101º, x6.25
Interpupillary Distance: 62mm (fixed)
Eye Relief: 10mm
PUI / Button: Touchpad, Back button, Home button, Volume button
Sensor: Gyro / Accel. (Sampling Rate : 1KHz), Proximity
Phone Connection: USB Type-C & Micro USB
Strap: Soft band type
Weight: 345g (312g without Font Cover)
Headset Size: 207.8(W) x 122.5(L) x 98.6(H)mm
Color: Blue Black

View solution in original post

Reverend_Brown
Level 4
I don't think measuring it up yourself is too crude at all.  At the very least it would give you a good starting point, and then you could refine things using a calibration app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anrael.vrcc&hl=en

In fact even if you could obtain measurements with sub-millimetre precision you'd still have some tweaking to do before things were optimal for your own IPD and the manner in which you wear the headset.

rgang50
Level 3
Thank you both Neo2016 and Colonel_Izzi. The Gear VR does not have IPD adjustment but for my first dip in VR pool the calibration app and the specs will get me started.
Much obliged.