cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR 2017 Release Date?

Anybody know when this goes on sale in the UK?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I think it will coincide with Samsung's new S8 which is due to be released April sometime mate
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

mosiff
Expert Protege
@Techy111 I saw today, the release date is on March 29th. I hope to be also for the GearVR and controller.

kevink808
Superstar
I'm going to say it: When Gear VR is iPhone-compatible, I'll consider one. Won't happen, but just saying.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Phaserlight
Heroic Explorer

kevink808 said:

I'm going to say it: When Gear VR is iPhone-compatible, I'll consider one. Won't happen, but just saying.

You may find this post enlightening.

Apparently, iPhone doesn't use OLED which means greater screendoor, and the resolution isn't as good.

kevink808
Superstar

kevink808 said:

You may find this post enlightening.

Apparently, iPhone doesn't use OLED which means greater screendoor, and the resolution isn't as good.

Thanks - I found this last bit from that link promising:

But, in the future, if the right API and hardware support emerges on the iOS, we would probably be open to supporting it.

Looks like the new iPhone Edition (8) coming this year will solve these problems.  B)

kevink808 said:

You've got it all wrong. Apple need to make their iPhone compatible i.e. Good enough.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

kevink808
Superstar
Nah. Except for the Macs which I hate, I'm a big Apple fan.  Been one since the original iPhone.  I was first in line waiting 12 hours, making the local news.  I had a momentary lapse in judgement and skipped the iPhone 5 for a HTC One (M8).  Horrible experience and I'm never going back.