cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Cardboard / Play YouTube / Samsung SideSync 3.0

PsiOntic
Explorer
Just providing a tip for watching/playing Google Cardboard and YouTube SBS in your Samsung Gear VR.

I’ve become an expert at slowing and partially putting the Note 4 into the Gear without triggering the Oculus to start. However, every time I wanted to do something different you have to take the phone out and do it again; plus you often miss the beginning of any YouTube video in the process.

I had tried using the Samsung SideSync 3.0 (on the Google Play Store) for helping newbies when trying the Gear (No luck, now I use Chromecast to just watch and instruct them while they are using it).

But when I started using Google Cardboard in the Gear I tried it again and it works great. Start by starting the SideSync on the other device (I use my Samsung Tab S) and then on the Note 4. Once they are sync’d (WiFi Direct) put the phone in the Gear, then you can see/control your phone on the tablet to find what you want. Once it is playing on the tablet, tap the Power Button on the phone and the image will switch to the phone. Once the video/game is over just tab the “Send to Tablet” on the SideSync on the tablet and you can select the next thing you want to play there, and send it back to the phone again.

Works great for Google Card, watching YouTube SBS video, etc.
0 REPLIES 0