cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view Jam VR APK on Gear VR using S6 phone?

CowboyRog
Level 4
I am having major problems trying to view the Jam VR apk files on Gear VR using an S6 phone.
I have done the following.
Downloaded the apk file from from different sources.

Made sure that I have allowed install from unknown sources in the security settings.
I go to the file and and tap it to install. It installs and shows up in my App tab just fine.
I tap the App icon for it to start the app. I get nothing.
Also installed the build apk and same thing.
Tried 4 different apps all with the same results.
What am I doing wrong?
RC
6 REPLIES 6

HomerS66
Level 4
Of the 300 VR Jam apps around only 220 do work on the Note 4. On the S6 maybe only 50-100 apps do work, as the Note 4 was the phone most devs were developing for and couldnt make an update to their submitted app later on to make them work on the S6 aswell.

But many VR Jam apps should come to the Oculus Store aswell and some already have.

CowboyRog
Level 4
So I guess am doing everything right.I'll keep working on it until I get one that will work.
Now all I need is a list of what works on the S6 and Note 4. Is there a list?
Enjoying the Gear VR just wish there was more apps etc available.
RC

HomerS66
Level 4
There should be some threads about that on reddit r/GearVR

Azrael30
Level 3
I havent downloaded too many on my s6, but here's what I remember.

Drift (hands down the best of the Jam titles I've played)
Android's Dream
Technolust
Tana Pura
Colosse
Comawake

These are the ones I've tried that worked on s6.

ubertest
Level 2
Another obstacle is that these apks are likely compiled for a specific Oculus app build and Android firmware version.

Some of these titles are available on Share if you have a DK2.

darkangel6415
Level 3
"Azrael30" wrote:
I havent downloaded too many on my s6, but here's what I remember.

Drift (hands down the best of the Jam titles I've played)
Android's Dream
Technolust
Tana Pura
Colosse
Comawake

These are the ones I've tried that worked on s6.

I see it went dark on this topic but I do want to chime in and say. I love android dreams little demo I play it at least 3-4 times a week. I wish there was a bit more detail and like more billboards to make it look more lively. Possibly even make it last longer but overall I like it, scratch that I love it. My kids also watch it maybe 1 or 2 times a week so if they track usage for Android Dreams demo video then they are probably like WOW this person really likes it since I can safely say I have watched it with me and my kids combined around 150 - 200 times lol