cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user_234658290790416
Honored Guest

I had my Galaxy S7 off for awhile since I reverted back to factory default.  I turned it on today because I was going to use it for practicing drums using a website that shows a video from above.  I thought this might be neat to use the VR browser and watch the videos from it as I sat at the drums and played.  Anyways, I updated to Android 8 (latest version available).  I then connected the controller and it led me to installing all of the apps.  When I open the Gear VR app, it prompts me to login using Facebook.  This is fine because I do have a Facebook account.  However, it shows the login screen for 1 second then goes to another screen and says the "Log in disabled: For your account security, logging into Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled.  You may be able to continue by updating the app you're logging in from and trying again".

ChrisAce1981
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Managed to fix it.
1) Update the facebook mobile app.
2) Open the facebook mobile app and log in.
3) Go to Menu -> Settings & Privacy -> Settings -> Media -> Links open externally
4) Try opening the Gear Vr app again (Worked this time)

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you're having some issues logging into your account to play your Gear VR. It sounds like you're having this login issue because your Facebook account is not linked to your Oculus account yet. We suggest going to oculus.com and signing in. You will then be prompted to sign in to your Facebook. Once your accounts are linked, try to log in again on your phone. 😊

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I tried signing in without using Facebook.  I am pretty sure I used the same email address.  It is my signature@gmail.  Could you verify that?  I seem to have forgotten my password, so I tried resetting it, but do not receive any email.

ChrisAce1981

I am having the same issues with a Samsung S7 Edge, it is factory-reset and logged into my google account. Also, my facebook and oculus accounts are connected.

Having the accounts linked is the problem. Facebook for security reasons is not allowing people to log in in an embedded browser. So when oculus gear VR asks to log in, Facebook disabled it. So I try to log in via an oculus account, but it says I have a linked Facebook account so use that method. But Facebook is disabling that. So I can't use my gear vr

I have exactly the same issue. 
I get "For your account security, logging in to Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled"
I have linked my Facebook and Oculus profiles.  

Managed to fix it.
1) Update the facebook mobile app.
2) Open the facebook mobile app and log in.
3) Go to Menu -> Settings & Privacy -> Settings -> Media -> Links open externally
4) Try opening the Gear Vr app again (Worked this time)

Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't work, then the message appears!
"Facebook session expired or invalid" no matter how off I log in and out! The whole system is really for the trash can! I've been trying to log into the Oculus VR Gear for a week now, nothing works, if I try it without Faceboot only with the Meta/Horizon account, it doesn't work either, then there's no network

RS.07121986
Explorer

Same problem

kevinkenrick
Honored Guest

I have the same phone, had the same problem. I went onto Meta own site and change my password, it now works fine. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?