cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft gear vr crashing :: solved

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having problems on s7. The game crashes back to oculus home when I try to start a world. Same happens if I try to change the character/world name or any text input the game crashes after I press ok. Reinstalled and cleared oculus cache but it didnt help. Any clues anyone?

Messaged mojang two days ago but now they're closed for the weekend 😕
18 REPLIES 18

Sichroteph
Explorer
I have exactly the same problem. The game crash and goes to the oculus main menu each time I try to make a new world, or change my name on the settings, or calibrating the device.

Galaxy Note 5, moga pro power controller. 

Sichroteph
Explorer

pr3miumi said:

Having problems on s7. The game crashes back to oculus home when I try to start a world. Same happens if I try to change the character/world name or any text input the game crashes after I press ok. Reinstalled and cleared oculus cache but it didnt help. Any clues anyone?

Messaged mojang two days ago but now they're closed for the weekend 😕

Did you found a solution ? I really want to try this VR experience ...

helifrek
Explorer
I have been playing everyday since it came out, have only had it crash a few times.
Verizon S7 edge.
i5-6600k, 980 ti, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, 16Gb RAM. Whoohoooo!!!!! finally all built and running! CV1 pre-ordered (July)

Sichroteph
Explorer

helifrek said:

I have been playing everyday since it came out, have only had it crash a few times.

Verizon S7 edge.

Good for you.

Sichroteph
Explorer
Never could even see a world.... It crashes 100% of the time. I have 10Go of free memory and reinstalled 4 times the game. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still doesnt work. Hope I get an answer from support today. Read some reviews of the game in oculus home and some people have this problem. Could it be another app doing this? Only one I can think of is advanced task killer coz I dont have that many installed.

wavycroc
Honored Guest
add me to the list of people who cant play,

S7 edge (tmobile)

wavycroc
Honored Guest
found the solution,

purchase and install minecraft pocket, now the vr version will work! enjoy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wtf. Nowhere it says that you need the pe version 😕