Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gear VR Titles!

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
From Bacon:

Hey Everyone!

We’re releasing three new apps on the Oculus Store for Gear VR.

This week we have:
Playhead
Shooting Showdown 2
James’s Legacy – The Prologue

We’re going to do Gear releases on Tuesdays and Share releases on Thursdays, so keep your eyes peeled and those submissions coming.

Full reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/2ph1eu/oculus_store_content_update_1216/

Enjoy! Please leave your thoughts on these games and more if you'd like so we can pass your impressions along to the team. 😄
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!
15 REPLIES 15

JCat
Expert Protege
Nice! Is that Tuesday as in starting today? 😮

rsplatpc
Honored Guest
Playhead = fun, tempest meets music game, I felt like I was in the ride / controller, I found myself reaching around and wanting to touch all the things in the first room before you get lowered, I honestly danced and bounced around in my chair the entire run through (fun song!), I would love more of this / buy this

James Legacy = Really cool to look at, as a demo it's really neat and I would love to see what they do with harder puzzles and such, I would buy this

Shooting Showdown = had to go back to work will update later at home
**EDIT** just played it for like 45 minutes
fun! I actually found myself holding my breath to get a steady shot like shooting a gun IRL, I did the multiplayer expecting to get bored and 30 minutes later my opponent quit, back button dose not work but popping the phone out and in is fine until they patch it like the dev already said in a reddit thread they are on it, multiplayer was a great idea for this and makes the game IMO

PVS1
Explorer
great news! thanks for keeping us updated.

HomerS66
Expert Protege
Nice, now i only need that thing, what is it called again, ah yes.. the Gear VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Playhead doesn't seem to work with a Bluetooth headset. Stutters like crazy 😞

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
"JCat" wrote:
Nice! Is that Tuesday as in starting today? 😮

You are correct, my friend!
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!

Joedirt1105
Honored Guest
They're all pretty good, except they left out a function to exit Shooting Showdown. You have to remove the phone. Also, Playhead doesn't work with a bluetooth headset connected. It's completely unplayable.

centurion
Honored Guest
Shooting Showdown 2 has a couple bugs. True, there's no way to back out of the game, other than to remove the phone from the Gear. The other thing I had trouble with was that there was no way to change your player name. The 3D floating keyboard would simply vanish when I tried to type on it. So I'm stuck as simply "Player 59" 😞

rsplatpc
Honored Guest
"centurion" wrote:
Shooting Showdown 2 has a couple bugs. True, there's no way to back out of the game, other than to remove the phone from the Gear. The other thing I had trouble with was that there was no way to change your player name. The 3D floating keyboard would simply vanish when I tried to type on it. So I'm stuck as simply "Player 59" 😞

I have the same problem, I had to center my head, and kinda tilt it down to the delete key and it finally worked