cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New library :)

iloontjuh30
Explorer
Thanks Oculus for making the library better and the home screen looks great now 😄 looking forward what comes next 😄
43 REPLIES 43

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, looks great.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

snappahead
Expert Protege
I still don't have it, but I'm assuming I will eventually?
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
"catrik" wrote:
I also noticed 360 photos are much clearer than before. The new oculus home now looks like a home. 3D trailers look much better now in Oculus Cinema.

I think Homer mentioned something like this some time ago and it was dismissed as a placebo effect.

Can anyone else agree with what Catrik is saying here?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Malkmus1979
Explorer
"Malkmus1979" wrote:
"iloontjuh30" wrote:
"Malkmus1979" wrote:
And did I hear something about a new IMAX theater for Oculus Cinema? My S6 GVR can't get here soon enough!

Yes i also saw that on reddit but i can't find any article and i hope it's not only going to be for the s6

I highly doubt that.

Carmack:

"None of the Oculus apps will exclude Note 4, but independent developers can choose to if it doesn't run well enough."

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/statu ... 7669057536

Anonymous
Not applicable
Damn.
Dont get it.

Even with the new libary my libary does not work except in airplane mode or with VNP.

I uninstalled and installed "Oculus" already... nothing helps. 😞

Only difference is, it keeps idling instead of telling me: "You have not installed anything yet" (in German)

EDIT: Just for recall: ONly with my internet provider at home. Not at work or the mobile one.
And that providers suport claims that its not their problem I shall ask for the suport of the gear I use. :roll:

HomerS66
Expert Protege
The new Oculus Home is very nice. And even the health text at the beginning is sharper now 🙂
Not sure about the 360 photos and 3D trailers tho.

I wonder if the OTOY pics in 360 photos are a compressed but still good looking version of the pics in the ORBX app. And in the preview there are OTOY pics shown which we dont have just yet -.-

Mikeyteves
Honored Guest
"iloontjuh30" wrote:
"Malkmus1979" wrote:
And did I hear something about a new IMAX theater for Oculus Cinema? My S6 GVR can't get here soon enough!

Yes i also saw that on reddit but i can't find any article and i hope it's not only going to be for the s6

I think it's called "Imax Admit One" or something. Read it from this article...

http://vrfocus.com/archives/6791/previe ... admit-one/

bolinao
Honored Guest
Home no longer updates with the last game played... it just stays the same.

Catrik
Honored Guest
"HomerS66" wrote:
The new Oculus Home is very nice. And even the health text at the beginning is sharper now 🙂
Not sure about the 360 photos and 3D trailers tho.

I wonder if the OTOY pics in 360 photos are a compressed but still good looking version of the pics in the ORBX app. And in the preview there are OTOY pics shown which we dont have just yet -.-

I compared them between 360 photos OTOY 3D pics and OTOY 3D pics in OTOY's native player both look great. No compression.

The oculus 360 photos are sharper to me because it starts blurry then snaps into focus. I really like that effect.

snappahead
Expert Protege
360 photo app keeps crashing on me. OTOY app is working fine though.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti