cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Canadians got Lollipop update! Will it work now?

Hbharrison
Honored Guest
Someone else already asked but no reply. Can anyone confirm that the gear vr will now work on all Note 4 running lollipop? I have 3 apps that say gear vr is on my phone. Check the attachment for proof. Someone please confirm this means Gear Vr will now work on my Note 4!!!!
12 REPLIES 12

Toque
Honored Guest
Canadian here!

To ease your paranoia it does works. IMO no better and no worse.

Hbharrison
Honored Guest
Do you have it on your Canadian note 4? And what do you mean no better or worse

Hbharrison
Honored Guest
My note 4 is a Qualcomm Adreno (TM) 420 ... is this a good thing or bad thing?

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"Hbharrison" wrote:

With KitKat it's a good thing with Lollipop not a good thing, the Adreno GPU performance is reduced on Lollipop which also affects the Gear VR performance. Apps will still run but those which uses more draw calls will show more stutters or screen tearing. But they are working on a fix for the Adreno driver regression.

Hbharrison
Honored Guest
So I shouldn't not get it?
And where can I find updates in the fix they are working on?

Toque
Honored Guest
"Hbharrison" wrote:

Do you have any critical thinking skills? I already answered your question fully.

mitchellvii
Honored Guest
"Toque" wrote:
"Hbharrison" wrote:

Do you have any critical thinking skills? I already answered your question fully.

First of all, don't be a jerk. Second your answer was very brief, incomplete and not accurate, so there's that.

In short, performance under LP for the Gear VR will suffer. Games and apps will load slower and will stutter. I am still running KK for this reason.

mitchellvii
Honored Guest
"HomerS66" wrote:
"Hbharrison" wrote:

With KitKat it's a good thing with Lollipop not a good thing, the Adreno GPU performance is reduced on Lollipop which also affects the Gear VR performance. Apps will still run but those which uses more draw calls will show more stutters or screen tearing. But they are working on a fix for the Adreno driver regression.

^ This.

Toque
Honored Guest
"mitchellvii" wrote:
"Toque" wrote:
"Hbharrison" wrote:

First of all, don't be a jerk. Second your answer was very brief, incomplete and not accurate, so there's that.

In short, performance under LP for the Gear VR will suffer. Games and apps will load slower and will stutter. I am still running KK for this reason.

The only thing incomplete and inaccurate are your own posts. The amount of time you spend posting here and XDA is pathetic.