cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Canadians got Lollipop update! Will it work now?

Hbharrison
Level 2
Someone else already asked but no reply. Can anyone confirm that the gear vr will now work on all Note 4 running lollipop? I have 3 apps that say gear vr is on my phone. Check the attachment for proof. Someone please confirm this means Gear Vr will now work on my Note 4!!!!
12 REPLIES 12

HomerS66
Level 5
"Hbharrison" wrote:
So I shouldn't not get it?
And where can I find updates in the fix they are working on?

If you can use Gear VR with Kitkat then stay with it for now, till they (Oculus/Qualcomm) fixed the Adreno driver bug. This will hopefully announced somewhere if they do.

If you can't use your Gear VR with Kitkat, as there wasn't the ANK4 update released in Canada, then i would update to Lollipop so that you can atleast use it, even tho with a little performance reduction.

Hbharrison
Level 2
"HomerS66" wrote:
"Hbharrison" wrote:
So I shouldn't not get it?
And where can I find updates in the fix they are working on?

If you can use Gear VR with Kitkat then stay with it for now, till they (Oculus/Qualcomm) fixed the Adreno driver bug. This will hopefully announced somewhere if they do.

If you can't use your Gear VR with Kitkat, as there wasn't the ANK4 update released in Canada, then i would update to Lollipop so that you can atleast use it, even tho with a little performance reduction.

Thank you. As you answered the questions i was getting at. Before with KK on my Canadian Note 4 it WOULD NOT work so as soon as as Telus gave me the Lollipop update i was ecstatic! I was going to purchase the GEAR VR before but as usual, us Canadians dont get any tech fun lol You think I wait to order it as they are working on the driver issues? As it will take probably 4-6 weeks minimum for it to arrive once i order.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I (German) deactivated automatic update. I have a qualcom Note 4 and dont want any further stutter....

Sigh... this is the second time I deactivate autoupdate because of Lollipop (first I deactivated it with my Note 3, wich never gets Lolli anyways it seesm, because my faforite TTS wont work with Lolli (now it does) and I cannot live without my Tasker talking with that TTS (virtually the only non-robotic sounding German TTS voice out there)