WHeres the new gear Vr Content?
42 REPLIES 42

snappahead
Expert Protege
"Kingchud" wrote:
"Snappahead" wrote:
"Kingchud" wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyaujVwv0uo

Nice interview. We now know that we cant expect updates every week and thats no problem. It would still be very useful and very much appreciated to know, maybe in the form of a quick forum post when there isnt one that week.

Since I know how busy you are and I wouldn't want you wasting anymore of your precious time, here ya go! http://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/2t8kwk/oculus_store_content_update_121/

You and I arent going to be friends are we? Thats too bad. I bet we could've been great.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Yeticrab
Explorer
There's a new game posted today. Not much but it's something.

Boffin
Honored Guest
Just noticed a new game demo is available in the store. Looks like a canon-type target game...

neo1875
Explorer
It's a bit pants to be honest, nothing against the game devs but again it's a short demo that's very much like content we already have. I must admit I'm getting a little frustrated now, not with the lack of content but with the lack of progress and communication toward opening up the store to allow new content from developers.

A platform like this lives and dies on it's content and right now, I don't have a reason to put my headset on as I've consumed all the content there is.

I know it will get there eventually just a bit frustrating having a $200 piece of kit that doesn't really do very much right now!

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"neo1875" wrote:
It's a bit pants to be honest, nothing against the game devs but again it's a short demo that's very much like content we already have. I must admit I'm getting a little frustrated now, not with the lack of content but with the lack of progress and communication toward opening up the store to allow new content from developers.

A platform like this lives and dies on it's content and right now, I don't have a reason to put my headset on as I've consumed all the content there is.

I know it will get there eventually just a bit frustrating having a $200 piece of kit that doesn't really do very much right now!

Then try to break my record of 214 in Anshar Wars or what is your score and level in Shooting Showdown 2?
Competing online is often more fun anyway.

Jotokutora
Adventurer
214 on Anshar eh? Hum, I may need to revisit those lands again and have a spin.

Shannonb1
Explorer
"steve108" wrote:
"neo1875" wrote:

There isn't much content because there is an imbalance between people on here that are looking for downloads with little interest in development and those trying to develop.

No there isn't much content because of the crap you have to go through to get it on the store and the store wont accept payments.

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"shannonb1" wrote:

and the store wont accept payments.

yet.

Someguitarist
Explorer
My real issue isn't that the content wasn't updated on Tuesday, it's just how consistently poor communication is all the time. I've been a staunch supporter of Oculus since DK1, which still gets some occasional use, but it's getting harder to defend them.

Cyber does a pretty good job of trying to bridge the gap, but even then it's just not efficient. His update of 'There is no new information to report.' irks me, because the old information was that we'd have updates on Tuesday. When that's not the case, there is *obviously* some information because the old information is invalid. How hard would it be to just say 'Sit tight, we're still working on some things.'? That would have been sufficient.

I'm willing to chalk up the DK1 shipping catastrophe to a new company with growing pains, but between that, this, and the sudden drop of DX9 for absolutely no stated reason makes just looking at the Gear VR put a sour taste in my mouth. If it wasn't for the fact that it's now backed by industry veterans, I'd of lost faith a long time ago. It's not the Palmer's of Cyber's that are keeping people fans of this company, it's the Carmac's and Abrash's.

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
If you didn't see already, two new titles were released:

Dodge This VR
Nighttime Terrors

Enjoy!
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!