WHeres the new gear Vr Content?

Shannonb1
Explorer
WHeres the new gear Vr Content?
42 REPLIES 42

Jotokutora
Adventurer
"Snappahead" wrote:

going to the "be an adult" line doesnt make you look much like an adult. "babysitting" as you want to call it is just communication where I'm from. It's a pretty important aspect of doing business and its a big part of a public forum. I'm not asking Palmer or Carmack to answer our questions. I'm asking the people who frequent the boards and are in a position to quickly answer a question that can save a decent number of people a lot of time. This isn't a dk2 topic where we're monopolizing the time of devs and engineers who have more important things to do. This is a Gear VR matter. Large market or no, Gear VR is a consumer product that needs a decent level of consumer support. Oculus has done a fine job for that support and I havent had any negatives to say about that, but it's no secret that theyre communication isnt perfect and theyve admitted to that before (Cyber, you're awesome, bro).

Again, my issue isnt that theres no update, but that they couldn't make a quick post saying there wouldnt be one so I and others would know not to keep checking for one all day. It's a small courtesy that wouldn't put anyone at Oculus out and would go a long way.

I can agree with plenty here. They could have just said "There will be no releases this week"

The main issue, is that many adopters perception is that every Tuesdays will be new releases. However, now it will be clearer that is not "every" Tuesday, but just that on Tuesdays there may be new releases! 😄

Boffin
Honored Guest
Well put Pygmyowl and Snapperhead. Being that it's the 21st and the paid store launch is apparently just around the corner, hopefully the lack of a content update yesterday has something to do with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question about the upcoming paid VR store.... So all the apps that we have for free, regardless if they are full games or demos. Will we still get to keep those for free since we're early adopters of the technology? Or are those apps and games automatically rendered useless and we basically have to pay in order to play those games and use those apps?

Just curious how that will all work.

I was looking forward to new content yesterday but I'd rather play and experience something really good rather than download something unfinished, broken or crappy just because it's Tuesday. But yes, some sort of communication would have been nice.

Loving this GEAR VR though. Haven't plugged into the mobile rift for 2 days. I think i'm having some withdrawl.

munkondi
Explorer
Also +1 with the above commenters.
There needs to be WAY more and better communication from Oculus and Samsung regarding the product. This is a very critical phase in the development and ultimate success of this particular VR product, so disenfranchising the early adopter community does not seem like the right kind of strategy to be having.

Shannonb1
Explorer
So whats the update?

Kingchud
Honored Guest

snappahead
Expert Protege
"shannonb1" wrote:
So whats the update?

apparently not getting one this week. I can only assume thats the case though since Oculus hasnt said anything.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

snappahead
Expert Protege
"Kingchud" wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyaujVwv0uo

Nice interview. We now know that we cant expect updates every week and thats no problem. It would still be very useful and very much appreciated to know, maybe in the form of a quick forum post when there isnt one that week.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Kingchud
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:
"Kingchud" wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyaujVwv0uo

Nice interview. We now know that we cant expect updates every week and thats no problem. It would still be very useful and very much appreciated to know, maybe in the form of a quick forum post when there isnt one that week.

Since I know how busy you are and I wouldn't want you wasting anymore of your precious time, here ya go! http://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/2t8kwk/oculus_store_content_update_121/

cdmoore74
Protege
New app posted people. It's called "Dodge this".

So are apps going to be released at random?