cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will graphics get better?

scopus321
Expert Protege
hey i have s7, and wondering if the games being released they are making the graphics only good enough for note5 and s6? are there  games that are also pushing the limits of whats capable on the new more powerful s7?
31 REPLIES 31

I suppose hollo321 the devs will develop for the phone which has sold the most - not just because of money but that will be a factor - money and wanting your game to be sold as many times as possible.

When does a new phone reach it's peak?  Maybe after 6 months or so, i'm not sure, but at that point they will probably think well, sod the S6, i will add a few more polygons, who cares if the S6 can't run it.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

reddeath360
Expert Protege
problem is your thinking a phone has good grfx to start with lol

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Mobile "VR" isn't even the real thing to begin with.

Mobile "VR" isn't even the real thing to begin with.

Is it pretend?

Invisible?

I think it's amazeballs.

You're joking aren't you?  Have you played any games on a Galaxy S6 or S7?  The picture is incredible.

scopus321
Expert Protege

andyring said:

I suppose hollo321 the devs will develop for the phone which has sold the most - not just because of money but that will be a factor - money and wanting your game to be sold as many times as possible.

When does a new phone reach it's peak?  Maybe after 6 months or so, i'm not sure, but at that point they will probably think well, sod the S6, i will add a few more polygons, who cares if the S6 can't run it.

yeh was thinking its about money. Sucks cant adjust graphics like on pc to compensate for it, anyways hope they do start pushing its limits soon, as i believe it is quite more capable of what we are seeing now as you can see in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIdNoSB69PI

scopus321
Expert Protege

dont underestimate power of a phone, as u can see in above video it is quite capable of some impressing graphics. Sure not in comparision with hi end pc graphics but still quite decent. Can imagine in some years phones will catch up with pc level graphics. I was initially thinking of selling my gear vr and just getting the rift, but seeing many awesome experiences only available on gear vr not available on rift, plus added bonus of wireless, i will keep both. 

dazeran
Protege
I can't comment on the technical discussion but that video is nothing short of spectacular.   Wish it was available for the GearVR even if it is lacking in resolution, I would still love to see it.

dazeran said:

I can't comment on the technical discussion but that video is nothing short of spectacular.   Wish it was available for the GearVR even if it is lacking in resolution, I would still love to see it.

Well you can of course watch it on the Gear VR, not in 360 but it's there on youtube.