cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Polarity Ball Rubicon" Feedback Forum

seatedmech
Explorer
mq8xkacxpfbv.png

Thanks for providing feedback on "Polarity Ball Rubicon". I've been working on this game since mid-2017 and am ready to receive early market signal from fellow VR developers. It was released on October 18th, 2018, and I'm interested in any and all feedback you have to give. I especially recommend trying out either 3 Minute or 5 Minute modes so you can have enough time to get the hang of gameplay before trying the 1 Minute mode. Thanks again. I look forward to your feedback.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaVGZN7_NZg
3 REPLIES 3

karel
Protege
@seatedmech

Hello there.

I shall be participating in testing your game. As i understand you already have the game up on the Oculus Go store. Just to confirm. Will this be the version you would like me to test and provide feedback?

Best,
Karel

Anonymous
Not applicable
@seatedmech

I can test the most current build of your game and will provide feedback following the guidelines. My id for Oculus Go is moni_garr

seatedmech
Explorer
Thank you for taking a look.

Yes, the current version that's on the Oculus Store is the current version. It's free, so there aren't any keys needed to download it.

Some helpful feedback I've received elsewhere has shown me the following:

• The phrasing in the tutorial is too wordy for how relatively easy the game is to play.
  • Lots of people don't realize that the buttons to your right are how you choose which power-up to use (Polarity Swap, Gravity Toggle, Combo Multiplier) at a given moment. There is a fix in the works.
  • Some people think it moves too fast. The real problem is that the courts are too small for some people's liking. I've tested many solutions to slowing down the ball physics, but they've all been bad for various reasons. I'm experimenting with tennis sized courts instead of the current racquetball sized courts.
  • People question why they would ever buy power-ups when they can earn them so easily while playing. I had the hopes that people would enjoy the game and become competitive about the leaderboards and want to just buy power instead of grinding for it. But so few have downloaded that I can barely judge the efficacy. 
Whatever feedback you have, I'm open to hearing. I haven't released an update in a little while because I recently started a new full-time, salaried position so I haven't had nearly the amount of time I had just a few months ago. But I hope to have a big update out before the new year.