cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[COMING SOON] The Dark Tower

jzer0
Honored Guest
Starting with Unity but will be switching to UE4 once it is updated for 0.4.0. still getting started but may end up spending the rest of my life building this. Will have a playable demo ready soon:
6 REPLIES 6

DillonRobinson
Honored Guest
Ohohohohohohoh. I am very excited to play anything Dark Tower in the Rift. Awesome.
-- -- --

Altephfour
Explorer
Will it have a deus ex machina and unfulfilling ending just like the books?

I enjoyed the hell out of the books until halfway through book 6. Looks like a neat project though. Keep up the good work.

DillonRobinson
Honored Guest
For all the ways the books went wrong after Wolves of the Calla, I still love it. A bit hard to not overlook some of those elements....*cough*...author appearance...*couch*...but this post made me want to start reading the books all over again.

In a perfect world we'd have all of the setpieces as demos for the Rift! Can you imagine Blaine? That's all I could think of when I played that Kite & Lightning demo when the tram car turned transparent.
-- -- --

jzer0
Honored Guest
I've got two days off from work next week to really get on this, publish at least something where you can walk around, climb the tower. Definitely dig the idea of the statues of the guardians, will work on getting those in. Again, the screenshot is just a quick mockup that I did over a weekend just to mess around with the DK2. I really want to go all out, design a proper skydome, lighting, and really do the tower its proper justice. The end game here is, if I live that long, to build the entire story as an interactive, event driven playthrough where different places and events in the story can be reached through doors in the tower, both the original story, connections from other books, and completely original material which ties into the overall DT storyline and framework. Yeah, its ambitious and will probably never be completed, but whatever. If there was ever any story that I would want to experience from a first person perspective, its Roland's journey to the tower.

Just wait, when you hear the insane roar and see the massive trees being bent and snapped like twigs as Shardik, the world beneath a world, comes to remove the invaders of his forest.

jzer0
Honored Guest

jzer0
Honored Guest
definietly Blaine also. that whole deal with charging up the batteries at that mountain shaped like a hound, and the eyes light up, will be pretty awesome. not to mention the rest of the trip over the wastelands.