cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detached is now available (Early Access)

Bet0niarka
Protege
Hello! 
I wrote yesterday on Oculus subreddit about Detached, but the official Oculus forum seems to be even better source of information 🙂 So, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jakub from Anshar Studios and our Detached game is finally appeared on Oculus Store! If you never heard about Detached, you can read more about Deatched on Steam Store or now on the Oculus Store page. In few words - it's a suspenseful interstellar duel that demands tactics and skill to survive. Separated from your unit you must make smart decisions and race to safety in this visceral exploration of deep space.

x4w4ntfe86kj.png

Detached is still in Early Access phase, so we're working on additional maps, touch controllers support etc. We will be glad if you could give us some thoughts about the game. Escpecially, when the title is designed for hardcore players, who prefer intense gameplay.

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9F3JeR8N8

Community Manager at Anshar Studios
Currently working on: Detached
Get in touch: Email
5 REPLIES 5

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
I played it back in December 2016 and was really impressed. It got my 'Steam Curator' recommendation.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPsPP3MaE4

Looking forward to diving back in.
All the best with the launch guys! 
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just purchased and had a bit of a fly - great control system (I use triggers for go/stop scheme)and didn't make me feel sick at all on the sim setting, but I am getting used to VR more now. The ability to cancel out movement gently with small retro thrusts is the key (as opposed to abrupt stop). The graphics are pretty amazing also.
So many bugs but it is early access - menu options like control scheme etc reset themselves, controls bug out in game so up/down changes to rotate all by itself, menu button doesn't work on gamepad (I needed to use ESC on KB), no map or objectives so no idea what to do/where to go, need to reset the HMD very often.
Pretty much devolves into running out of oxygen, so now I just float around looking at stuff till I run out of O2 and die. Needs a lot more O2 refills available - you think they would have read some reviews about Adr1ft with ppl complaining the game just turns into a "find the O2" hunt with no actual time to enjoy the game.
But hey fingers crossed all this stuff gets sorted for full release as it has the makings of an amazing game!

Bet0niarka
Protege

I played it back in December 2016 and was really impressed. It got my 'Steam Curator' recommendation.

Looking forward to diving back in.
All the best with the launch guys! 

Yup, I remember your gameplay 🙂  Thank you once again for leaving recommendation on Steam!

---

@VampireNZ- Are you playing with simulation mode on? Or just stay with arcade? 

I forwarded your feedback and issues to our dev team, thanks! 
About reseting HMD - Remember that you can move your head in EVA Suit separately. Very often players are focused only on character movement and they forget to align their head. They're just flying sideways. We will also think about tweaking the oxygen supply around the map.

Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VampireNZ- Are you playing with simulation mode on? Or just stay with arcade? 

I forwarded your feedback and issues to our dev team, thanks! 
About reseting HMD - Remember that you can move your head in EVA Suit separately. Very often players are focused only on character movement and they forget to align their head. They're just flying sideways. We will also think about tweaking the oxygen supply around the map.

Thanks! 

Hi - Cheers for the response. I play on simulation mode from the first time in the tutorial - which made the first time it self-selected arcade mode very confusing lol. Suddenly it was automatically stopping my movements after I released the input and I had no idea why. Took a while to figure out the game had automatically changed the control mode to arcade when I visited the menu for something else. It still does this now and then - so I have to go back to menu and select simulation again.
Regarding the Oxygen - something like some wall-mounted replenishment stations/fittings would be handy (and more logical than random floating cannisters in space), say like further on in a level inside each module. Would also give you incentive/reward for exploring and solving problems/advancing in the building. Same goes for jet pack fuel replenishment station maybe.
I realise you can move your head in the helmet - but after a while the standard view forward just gets offset in various directions for some reason and you have to reset the view (which isn't a major issue TBH). Also if you move your head too far it moves the whole view (to avoid clipping helmet?) - then it doesn't reset properly when you move your head back.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this feedback - as I say this game looks to be shaping into an awesome  experience!

Bet0niarka
Protege
Thanks once again for your feedback. It's very important for us to fix every problem in this stage of development.

About the Oxygen refills - It was designed at the beginning for multiplayer mode. Players could quickly grab oxygen or fuel without loss of time to look after pickups. We will consider adding more objects next to the oxygen fuel and more pickups on the map. Next title update will be live in following weeks, so we'll try to fix as much bugs as possible.