cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedition Coaster Cave!

Jontiways
Honored Guest
Hi, I am currently making an experience of a realistic rollercoaster in unity for the oculus rift. I am currently in the modelling phase of this, (and will be for quite a while). I'd like to know what people think about this as additional input and advice would be brilliant.

Here is the work I have done with the train for the ride so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqOs0Z4h94

Its a work in progress and Ill post updates soon.
21 REPLIES 21

getnamo
Honored Guest
animation looks good, could be quite scary being tilted forward at the 'wrong' time 🙂
Current Project: Skycall

Jontiways
Honored Guest
Hate to bump but.
Its been a week or two since I have posted anything about this. So just to touch base, all of the track and animation for the layout has been finished. Its not perfect, but its damn good for what it is and what I have been doing.

Next I need to theme this whole ride and pimp it out with some ice and firey theming. If you have any ideas at all post them, and Ill see if I get them into the ride.

I shall post a pov of my progress so far soon.

drash
Heroic Explorer
I just love that video. First time seeing it! That looks really exciting. 🙂

What would be cool to me personally, is riding into a large cavern with a big lake of bubbling lava, with some lavafalls here and there, and the cave walls being lit up from the lava, but I imagine it's probably pretty tough to do something like that well!

Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

geekmaster
Protege
There is already a "Work In Progress" called "Rift Rider", announced long before this:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=16565

Please rename your project to avoid confict with existing business assets using that Rift project name.

Thank you.

drash
Heroic Explorer
"geekmaster" wrote:
There is already a "Work In Progress" called "Rift Rider", announced long before this:

Please rename your project to avoid confict with existing business assets using that Rift project name.

Thank you.

I need to check mtbs3d more often -- I'd love to see more stuff the geekmaster has been working on. Plus now I know how to pronounce FAQ, thank you. 🙂

p.s. cyberreality just caught up to your post count! 😮 😮 😮 😮
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Jontiways
Honored Guest
"geekmaster" wrote:

Thank you.

Right. That is on a different forum, I can understand it if it was on this forum, but what has that forum got linked that is so significant that I should change the name? Quote me if I am wrong here, but what authority do you have over me to tell me what to do? And where does it say in the rules of the forum that I should change the name of this?

If these are answered I will happily change the name.

Lava wise though I have something planned that might work, and I have some ideas in mind.

geekmaster
Protege
"Jontiways" wrote:
"geekmaster" wrote:

Please rename your project to avoid conflict with existing business assets using the "Rift Rider" project name.

Thank you.

Right. That is on a different forum, I can understand it if it was on this forum, but what has that forum got linked that is so significant that I should change the name? Quote me if I am wrong here, but what authority do you have over me to tell me what to do? And where does it say in the rules of the forum that I should change the name of this?

If these are answered I will happily change the name.

Lava wise though I have something planned that might work, and I have some ideas in mind.

Rift Rider is also the project name linked to my own oculusvr login account. It is an official oculusvr project name created and reserved for myself and those I choose to invite into my project. Your proposed "Work-In-Progress" name intrudes on my official project name registered with oculusvr.

Your comments demonstrate a lack of respect for others that is not welcome here. It saddens me to see that my previous polite request was inadequate in your case. Stronger language must be used to get your cooperation, it would seem...

Please rename the title of your first post in this thread.

I have also registered this name in official business documents, so getting legal staff involved in this thread is a possible (but very undesirable) option.

Consider this your first warning...

geekmaster
Protege
"drash" wrote:
I need to check mtbs3d more often -- I'd love to see more stuff the geekmaster has been working on. Plus now I know how to pronounce FAQ, thank you. 🙂

p.s. cyberreality just caught up to your post count! 😮 😮 😮 😮

I have have my nose buried in new code creation, with little time to keep up with the forums (or even my email, for that matter). I have made a lot of interesting discoveries, which I will post (with source code) when ready...

Cybereality must have been busy in my (partial) absence... 😉 However, at this time, I have two more posts than cybereality. He will surely surpass me though, as I have no time to compete at this time. Busy writing code instead of forum posts. 😄

P.S. I have real money invested in the "Rift Rider" brand name, and I wish to see this thread renamed to something else that does not infringe my personal business brand name in this way. I would like to see a bit more respect from certain forum members too...

cybereality
Grand Champion
I am going to have to agree with geekmaster here. He has been using this name prior to this thread here (I see as far back as March when he registered on the Oculus dev center).

To give the OP some credit, if you search "Rift Rider" in Google you get a lot of hits for the name (for example, it was used in Jax & Daxter) but the MTBS thread does not show up (at least on the first page). So I can understand why this could happen.

@Jontiways: I would recommend you change the name of the project to something else. It is too confusing to have two Rift projects with the same name, and geekmaster was using the name before you. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV