cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1 (Completed)

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
It's now up to you to make sure the world is sleeping soundly in their beds without the worry of shipping delays. It's make it or break it!

You play as "Hey Guy", a no name logistics operator working alone at the top secret Oculus VR distribution island just off the coast of >>CLASSIFIED<<. Your job is to take in shipments of Oculus Rifts, distribute them to the delivery trucks within the time limit. Better be fast because all the Rifts left behind get stuck in the EVIL customs fortress deducting from your final score! Hey Guy, don't worry, your not completly alone. A video feed from Oculus headquarters is located right in the loading bay where you'll get pep talks from Broomba Palmer Luckey himself. Shhh, I hear Palmer may have you ship a secret "1080p" prototype artifact, so look for it! - It's Rare!

Remember, do your job well and you'll please the world. Do a bad job and OVR will detonate the island. Good Luck!

Games Features:
- Single Player
- Fake Palmer Luckey, Nate Mitchell and others all giving you instructions and guidance!
- Outrageous obstacles that attempt to prevent you from reaching your goal
- A amazing scoreboard that looks just like a regular scoreboard!
- A timer that lets you know when its about to hit the fan......
- PC Only

Logistics.png

Standard OVR controls.
1 - Start Game
R - Restart Level

W - Forward
A - Reverse
S - Strafe Left
D - Strafe Right

Left Click (Hold) - Grab Box
Left Click (Release) - Launch Box

ESC - Close Game

==================
FINAL 2.0 NOTES:

Final game be found here:https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2999

==================
BUILD 1.3 NOTES:

- Testing new play mechanic. Now the game doesnt immediately start when you enter the Warehouse. You now have to "LEFT CLICK" to begin the spawn of the boxes. Unfortunately, the timer is still going and I am currently trying to figure out how to pause it properly and start when the boxes begin to spawn.
- Broomba Palmer is now a OcBox casualty! LOOK OUT PALMER!
- Added detail to the warehouse flooring
- Played with the lighting some more. Added Lightmap.
- Crosshair is now applied to the OcBox when you pick it up. Aim and Fire!

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed issue with boxes not being able to be picked up on the last build. Sorry about that!
- Fixed textures on OcBox, they were not showing properly when picked up.
- Other various bugs

==================
BUILD 1.2 NOTES:

- Fixed player size to be taller than Willow.
- Adjusted lighting, adding a bit more mood to the warehouse
- Broomba Palmer has arms!?!? What What What!?
- Added a little +5 ring that explodes in a particle fire when a OcBox hits it, currently giving ABSOLUTELY no value to your score or time.....at the moment.
- New Mac version! Untested.
- Updated Intro screen

Upcoming:- Adding a training room, where Broomba Palmer will instruct on how to play
- Adding more loading trucks and different labeled boxes for each truck
- Rewriting / Rerecording Broomba Palmer introduction speech
- More Bug Fixes

==================
ALPHA RELEASE 1.1 NOTES: - Critique welcomed!

Objective: Collect and toss as many Oculus Rift Development Kits into the truck as possible - PEOPLE ARE WAITING! Try to get the highest score! Current highscore is (10) by Drash.

I would like to thank Drash for playtesting for me to get this alpha out. For his time, I created a Titans of Space Arcade Cabinet within the game...You might be too busy tossing kits, so here is a picture. Thanks Drash!

TOS_Cabinet.png

====================

DEVELOPMENT CREDITS:
- Pauly (Modeling / Design / Project Management)
- ZomBPir8Ninja (Programmng)

MODEL CREDITS:
- MannyLectro - Oculus Rift HMD models (They can be found on the table)
-: MorbidDonkey :- =================================== LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1
47 REPLIES 47

drash
Heroic Explorer
Damn it!! I've been had. I was actually excitedly looking for a download link after reading it. :mrgreen:
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
It's coming next week. Just wanted to show what I was working on. :twisted:
-: MorbidDonkey :- =================================== LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1

MrGeddings
Explorer
haha lol fun.

MikeArms24
Honored Guest
Now we're supposed to wait for the Rift and this? Oh.. I get the irony there. But seriously, looking forward to seeing this one.
Riftmax Theater 4D Multiplayer VR Cinema! http://www.riftmax.com - Latest DK2-ready version 0.415(11/27/2014)

enigma642
Honored Guest
Lol, can't wait to try this.

huttybangbang
Honored Guest
Yes, this looks like fun :D!!
Oculus Hut - A big fat slice of VR A page I made about surfing the virtual reality web! Janus VR Room 45: janus://zion.vrsites.com/1/45 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj70pq7hA26fvLv832NmboA A little UE4 experience: Virtual Bard

ReT
Honored Guest
I think that (JUST after the demo has installed) your intro screen should be something along these lines;

'Your Oculus Rift (game) is Ready: You've successfully installed LOGISTICS...Then make them wait 4 months before a 'START' button pops up :twisted: :lol:

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
"ReT" wrote:
I think that (JUST after the demo has installed) your intro screen should be something along these lines;

'Your Oculus Rift (game) is Ready: You've successfully installed LOGISTICS...Then make them wait 4 months before a 'START' button pops up :twisted: :lol:

I like the way you think. No seriously.... I am taking the first part of this. Thanks ReT!

Start screen: READY
Load screen: PROCESSING....your Rift is about to ship

Frito
Explorer
loooooooooooool
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey