cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPG with Oculus Rift support (Crowdfunding campaign)

kanda
Honored Guest
Hello all,

We are developing a classic RPG, multi-platforms with an Oculus Rift support. We usally call this kind of game a Dungeon Crawler.

Here is a screen shot:

and a capture with classic rendering:

The game has innovatives features compared to previous dungeon Crawlers. Here are some of them:

- Continuous levels, no fading or memory separation between levels in Dungeon Kingdom. Walk on a grid, you can see the level under your feets and intreact with it (ie.throw items on monsters...)
- Real Physics engine: you are not constrained by the grid like in many 3d crawlers. And we have more realistic animations...And new kind of puzzles using physics in the environment.
- Many new kind of interactions (ie.you can put fire to some part of the environment...)
- Different play modes are available to fit best any player experience.
- Multiple Environments.
- Designed from the begining to work perfectly on desktop computers as well as on mobiles/tablets.
- Advanced rendering, full dynamic lighting and shadows
- Smart AI & navigation: some of the creatures may find a way to attack in your back
- Difficulty levels to fit best to any player experience.

If you want to help us to release a great RPG, with Oculus support, you can help us by voting on Steam Greenlight
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296809307

or help us to fund the project:
http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom

Thanks so much.
Playing a great and immersive RPG with an oculus device is a fantastic experience!

Feel free to ask informations, i'll be happy to reply to anybody.
kanda
17 REPLIES 17

LordJuanlo
Protege
Is Oculus Rift support a stretch goal, or will you implement it no matter how much money you get? The IGG page says that you have to reach €13,000 for it.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community

Gerald
Expert Protege
looks very VR to me - like if you just added it for the PR 😉

have you tried your GUI yet in VR? maybe consider first trying VR before you ring that bell?
Sorry, but I have had 3 press releases this week in my inbox for reviews and 2 of them were "VR, VR, VR!" ... while they had not even tried a Rift yet. Kinda pissed by that ... I want to be "VR, VR, VR!" ... but because I actually develop for it.
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

Trap
Honored Guest
Oculus rift support is a 13k goal? :? Tile based movement only? would be nice to see a dungeon crawler with free movement and free look in VR too 🙂 still looks kind of cool though and the ability to play on mobile is nice.

kanda
Honored Guest
"Gerald" wrote:
looks very VR to me - like if you just added it for the PR 😉

have you tried your GUI yet in VR? maybe consider first trying VR before you ring that bell?
Sorry, but I have had 3 press releases this week in my inbox for reviews and 2 of them were "VR, VR, VR!" ... while they had not even tried a Rift yet. Kinda pissed by that ... I want to be "VR, VR, VR!" ... but because I actually develop for it.

Well don't worry. I am not a new comer to VR. I have been a VR addicts for years, started playing with VR with a big VFX1-Headgear long time ago 😉

The UI is not suitable for VR, that's why the game on Oculus is a bit different from the other platforms. The graphics and levels are almot the same, but you won't play a full team of character, won't handle their equipement. You will only play...yourself 🙂

That's said, the story remain the same. but it is designed like an almost no GUI version.

If you afraid that i did not try oculus yet, please have a look on my facebook profile, check in the history, there are several screenshots of tests i made with the rift. https://www.facebook.com/#!/kanda.dev or the photos gallery https://www.facebook.com/#!/kanda.dev/photos_all.

I understand your worry about it though. But we are serious team 🙂

kanda
Honored Guest
"Trap" wrote:
Oculus rift support is a 13k goal? :? Tile based movement only? would be nice to see a dungeon crawler with free movement and free look in VR too 🙂 still looks kind of cool though and the ability to play on mobile is nice.

Free movement of course, we would be crazy to constraint the movement on a grid 😉

kanda
Honored Guest
"LordJuanlo" wrote:
Is Oculus Rift support a stretch goal, or will you implement it no matter how much money you get? The IGG page says that you have to reach €13,000 for it.

Well i love VR, i love oculus device, so i think i will probably make the version for oculus anyway, but it will take much more time as we won't work full time on it. And also we'ss need to buy more kits (actually we have only one) as we'll need our testers to play heavily to the oculus port.

One of my goal is make the game for most availables platforms, desktop/mobiles but also oculus as i feel it would be an awesome version. I think RPG MUST exist in oculus games list!

Gerald
Expert Protege
thanks for clearing that up Kanda - in that case good luck an I hope you will reach the VR pledge level 🙂

kanda
Honored Guest
"Gerald" wrote:
thanks for clearing that up Kanda - in that case good luck an I hope you will reach the VR pledge level 🙂

Thanks. I have received you request on FB and added you. Feel free to spread the word ( http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom) , we are not marketing guys and it's a hard task to reach our audience without maintream help.
We are so excited about creating RPG running on Oculus device!!!

Best regards.
kanda

ps: your avatar is great, Gerald 🙂

Gerald
Expert Protege
You should consider making a VR demo to get support from the VR community - it shows you take VR seriously and people won't have to buy the cat in the bag. You might also create a Facebook page for the game, enable the "follow" option on your account etc.
Marketing is not hard, but it takes a lot of effort. Hoping for people to spread the word for you only works out if you have something that stands out ... like a mile out!