cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skynet Rising - A Post Apocalyptic FPS for Oculus Rift

GameIndica
Explorer

Update: June 28, 2016

Check out the new videos on our channel showing of the wonderful gameplay of Skynet Rising. We have launched a Greenlight campaign over the weekend and managed to hit top #100 in just 72 hours! Cheers to all the supporters!

The Flyover

https://youtu.be/IyCyCkEohk8

Main Menu

https://youtu.be/HvgEN6u250w

The Graveyard

https://youtu.be/tc3WblziE-A

Underwater

https://youtu.be/YWVVMhb0Db4

-----------------------------------------------==============--------------------------===============-----------------------------------

Update: June 25, 2016

Absolutely thrilled to announce that we are on Stem Greenlight now. Check out the trailer showing off the features and gameplay of Skynet Rising.

https://youtu.be/UVqRHJfB3l0

-----------------------------------------------==============--------------------------===============-----------------------------------

Update: June 23, 2016

We have finished a build and here are some of the screenshots from the gameplay. Trailer coming soon.

New Features:

1) Level Area: Now you can go Underwater! And there are animals to see and objects to explore and collect.

2) Gameplay: Challenging gunplay with Dynamic Enemy AI. Armed enemies now can make realtime tactical decisions and alert each other to surround player.

3) Loot: Zombies and Bloodhounds drop loots. Rebels drop guns. :wink:

4) Guided Vision: Enemies now have a red outline around them when hovered with the crosshair for better visibility. Some of the objective objects glow in certain color to give visual hint (ex. breakable gates)

5) Caviar System: All the big fishes carry glowing green caviar in their mouth. Those can be collected as health packs :smiley:

6) VFX: Beautiful Main menu designed. Game level is littered with explosive barrels that blow up on crossfires easily. It's 4th of July every 20 seconds!

zuwd40jm9xfo.jpgg1ux9oj9qcvo.jpgz30udo1juh6v.jpgqs1xm65dc5ek.jpgyh7zoq1gbzm5.jpgz8fk88ycskfe.jpg
tcihicwio11s.jpg

Original Post:

me8plyf2wjn5.jpg

We wanted to create an artistic, story driven experience which combines the fast pace adventure of an FPS with the visual exploration technologies of VR. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world and follows Isaac, an ex-wasteland pirate. His life was nothing but survival until he met Gina. Gina showed him that there was joy in life, and gave him hope for a better future.
As Gina and Isaac's beloved brother Victor are held at gun point by the wasteland rebel group, Isaac must do everything he can to save them before the time runs out. 

Skynet Rising includes speedruns, boss fights and ultra realistic graphics in a 360 degree VR experience. You will need to have a perfected strategy for each section of the game in order to succeed. Every second and bullet counts. 

Here are some screenshots from the game:

m3g4segc2eqm.jpg

fgbddiyflyru.jpg

znq8gjau4472.jpg

We would love to hear your thoughts on the game!

If you'd like more details on the progress of our project 
check out our website: www.EnterSkynet.com, and follow our twitter @SkynetRising 

*If you're in the Los Angeles area, we will be at the UploadVR Party at E3 on June 14th from 10pm-1pm,
and will be presenting a demo of 
Skynet Rising.

Update: E3 Party date and time has been updated

g6u9v63ft4on.jpg

Thank you for your interest :smile: Please follow us on Twitter for daily updates & visit our website for more info

20 REPLIES 20

CrashFu
Consultant
It's the post-apocalypse but everything ISN'T all dimly lit and devoid of color?  What madness is this!? :lol: 

Actually, that could be an interesting change of pace; I won't know how interested I am in playing though until I see some gameplay videos, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this in the future. :smile: 

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Tagged, could be interesting. How are you handling the player movement?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

jademan
Heroic Explorer
Screenshots look promising.  Can't wait to see some demo video!

GameIndica
Explorer
Thanks guys B) I'm working on a gameplay demo video this week. Right now the character movement is free in a semi open world.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks promising, will follow progress.

GameIndica
Explorer
The post has been updated with new Screenshots from the Pre-Alpha build B)

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Thanks looks pretty sweet, although any news on how player movement will be handled. On rails, Teleport or traditional controller or options for all?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

GameIndica
Explorer

Thanks looks pretty sweet, although any news on how player movement will be handled. On rails, Teleport or traditional controller or options for all?

Hi there! We are keeping the player movements open for traditional controllers AKA true FPS. We have plans to do a rails version as an "arcade" experience of the game. New trailer has been added to the post. We are live on Steam Greenlight today :smiley:

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Hey use this link to embed the trailer into the post. Nice trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVqRHJfB3l0