cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StargateVR WIP

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
I will be posting my progress as much as possible with the development of this 'fan made demo' of StargateVR. Please feel free to tell me what you think, I love "constructive criticism", but dislike trolls;O)

Also I am still looking for some help with anything. Right now I wear the hat of a programmer, as well as all the others too. So if you like Stargate, and would like to help with this demo, send me a PM:)

So here is the gate all WIP of course:

Here is the outside of the Puddle Jumper, still lots of work making them Low enough Poly, and making LOD's:

and here is the Console that will represent a LOT of the actual UI while flying(besides on the Windshield itself):

"Imagn' Games has no official connection with 'MGM' and are in no way an official game/demo, or part of the Stargate franchise. All media, logos, videos, audio and images present in this game/demo or any site I post screen shots on are exclusively the property of their respective brands."

Thank you all for checking it out!

~B :ugeek:
These games created by fans, for fans, are free and therefore have no commercial purpose.
17 REPLIES 17

joadah
Honored Guest
A simple example of a event horizon I did a while back.

Might help you get some ideas on how to do that effect. Adding in some reflections would probably add quite a lot. The effect is simply a noise field, some specular and bloom so rather cheap.
Author of the Plane9 music visualizer

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Thanks! I can't wait to get that far, but I have gotten the High poly Gate down under 15k Poly's, so I might hang it there and create some LOD levels and call it good, and then move on to animating it. I am trying to get just enough so i can create a really cool demo. So when the demo is 'done', I am hoping that it will be like playing through a "Flash-Back" episode sorta style. That's the plan for now anyways. I am sure your event horizon render will come in handy:O)

~B

molton
Explorer
Decimate or remove double features do a good job simplifying really detailed models. This thread reminds me of this

Go to 0:49, I can't embed the link that way

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Ok so here is a Vote, that I am hoping gets at least some response. I know that there are a few of you taking interest in this WIP(thank you VERY MUCH!!). I am spending a TON of time in Unreal 4, but along the way i realized that I would need a few characters, and the player would have to be one.
So should the player in the demo be a member of Stargate Command, or another character, I personally was thinking Eli from SGU, mostly because the player would be wearing a big red "You are here" shirt, which is awesome in case anyone needs their minds made up about that ;O)
So really any character votes that are a main character in the Stargate shows are welcome, and votes for just a soldier, or generic character are welcome as well. I just wanted to know what people prefer when inhabiting a character.

~B

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Just wanted to post the progress here with the Puddle Jumper now that the modeling is 'close' to being finished. Then it's on to the texturing and the long battle of setting everything up in Unreal 4 so that there are a bunch of interactive...stuff...that does...things...lol, not much in the way of planning for that so far. So here are the screen shots:

(It was nice adding some a transparent screen, but it is just there as a placeholder, as are a few things throughout the Puddle Jumper, but it at-least adds to the WIP shots as placeholders.)

(The Puddle Jumpers are controller by thought, so the controls are for redundancy and inexperienced mind users and those without the "Ancient Gene" needed to operate "Ancient" technology)

(Hopefully I can get it opening and closing smoothly as player approach, but will only open from the inside from the hatch levers that I have yet to build :? )

Feel free to leave a comment, I always like to hear what others think. Also I am still looking for some help if anyone is interested in helping me.

Thank You
~B

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Here are some shots in game with some materials started. Let me know if you like it so far:O)

~B :ugeek:

bdiepeveen
Honored Guest
:shock: Puddle jumper design looks good!
Interior aswell as the exterior.

Can't wait to see more.
Keep it up.

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Thanks!!

It looks like I got the attention of MGM! They are asking for a business plan!(Oh Boy!)...so now I have to get a "lawyer-like" person, and really get serious...not what I expected, but I got my foot in the door! Anyone here want to help me blow their minds? The contact at MGM was skeptical about VR being a worthy investment...it was all I could do to not laugh and stay serious! Fortune is projecting the VR industry alone being well over a 100 Billion Dollar industry over the next five years. The current gaming industry is worth about 88 Billion I think, last I checked, how could they not want a piece of that, at no risk to their IP!! I am sure the community will support the game, my face-book is going crazy with post, and people from all over the world contacting me!

~B