cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Adventure of Rotten Herman [WIP]

standtall007
Protege
Hi i am back from a Little R&R... i haven't cancelled the game even though i wrote that originally, but that is not important now 🙂

The Adventure of Rotten Herman has been optimized for the Oculus Rift even though the game is still very much Early in progression!

I have made it so the game is (side by side with the Rift) optimized for the Xbox 360 controller, but if you have a PS4 controller that is definitely recommended to use instead, and that can be done by downloading a program called DS4Tool.

I hope you'll enjoy the concept demo for now and if you have any suggestions / feedback of any kind please provide them in here 🙂

Thanks for trying out Taorh!

http://www.taorh.dk/concept/Taorh.rar

I will also upload some screens asap!
Cheers,
Standtall007.

PS. here are the controls:

=================
Keyboard / Mouse:
=================

WASD / Arrows = Moves the character! A & D / Left arrow & Right arrow makes the character strafe left and right!

3 (NOT numeric 3!!!) = Enables the Rift functions in the main menu, otherwise does nothing!

P = Starts the game in the main menu! in-game it pauses the game!

X = Opens treasure chests in-game!

Space = Makes the character jump! in this concept demo you already have unlocked the triple jump! Just press Space three times!

Escape = Quits the game immediatly!

=============================================
Xbox360 Controller / PS4 Controller using DS4Tool:
=============================================

Left Analogue Stick = Moves the character! Moving left or right makes the character strafe in that direction!

Right Analogue Stick = Left and Right makes the character turn in that direction! otherwise does nothing!

A (X on the PS4 controller) = Makes the character jump! Triple jump is again still enabled! Also it confirms your in-game pause actions!

X (Square on the PS4 controller) = Opens the treasure chests! Also it confirms your in-game pause actions!

Y (Triangle on the PS4 controller) = Enables Rift mode in the main menu! otherwise cancels your in-game pause action!

B (Circle on the PS4 controller) = Cancels your in-game pause actions!

Start (Options on the PS4 controller) = Pauses the game, press it again to return to game!

Back (Share on the PS4 controller) = Quits the game immediatly!

As you can see the game has been optimized for controller support and that is why i recommend using a controller!
Other controllers are NOT officially supported, but if you can make them work just the same then that is good enough!

Here is the promised screenshots 🙂

ASUS Maximus VII Formula Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz 32GB DDR3 Ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz ------------------------------------------- DK2 Owner CV1 Preordered.
26 REPLIES 26

cybereality
Grand Champion
Cool. Can you post a screenshot or a video?

People usually won't download random exe files without some sort of preview. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

lazydodo
Honored Guest
There's no actual exe file in the zip, looks like a packaged up unity project for mac, can you make a pc version?

standtall007
Protege
Cybereality - Yeah i'll do that 😉

Lazydodo - yeah i am working on making a PC version of this demo 🙂 but i cannot say yet how long it'll be... but i'm pushing for it to be very soon 😄

ASUS Maximus VII Formula Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz 32GB DDR3 Ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz ------------------------------------------- DK2 Owner CV1 Preordered.

standtall007
Protege
Hi Lazydodo - I am happy to announce that i have a new (Windows!) demo up on my website and you can get it from the link above 🙂 Hope you'll enjoy but please let me know of any potential errors or bugs...

Cheers.

standtall007
Protege
Btw, thanks for your feedback Cybereality 🙂 i appreciate it 😉 also to all who have tried the game i have updated the bugs so now there hopefully shouldn't be anymore bugs in either the Windows demo or the Mac demo, and i'm pleading everyone who have had the time to try my demo out : please give me some feedback, i don't know when i get my DK2 (i was told approx. in August when i pre-ordered, and NOT by any of the OVR people, but the website :)) so i cannot get a true feeling myself on how the game is being played right now! I am aiming to create a "special" kind of platforming game, using the Oculus Rift DK2! Thanks for reading this far 🙂 Cheers.

MajortomVR
Honored Guest
Tried your Demo for a few minutes and have some feedback.

• At first i used it with the keyboard and couldn't do a thing (in the menu).
    Then i used a xbox controller and got it to work.

• After that i picked play and the game closed (Play was highlighted). At first i thought it could be an error but i tried it another time and this time i pressed quit. The Game started 🙂 This error happened also in the pause menu. Also if you can put the hud more in the middle like in the pause menu, that would be great.

• I liked that you choose the go where the character looks control.

• ...But the turnspeed when walking forward and looking slightly in a direction is muuuch to fast. This was also the reason i quit 1-2 minutes later.

• There were also some clipping Problems with the character model but i guess that it's only a placeholder anyway.

• The normal ingame Hud was not readable in the rift cause it was so to far above

I really liked the graphics, and would give it another try if you can fix at least on the turnspeed issue.
Tried it on Windows 7. Could also try it on Linux as that's my main System.

I am sorry if this sounds all negative, looking forward to give it another shot with a new version! 😉

standtall007
Protege
Thank you major Tom 🙂 i truly appreciate your feedback 😉 i will take notice on these things and try my best to resolve these issues 😉 Again Thank you very much for your feedback 😄 Oh and regarding the Xbox Controller... that is supposed to be that way because i have seen various videos of people not knowing where to press in order to press the right buttons when wearing the Oculus, so that will probably stay that way but i will make it more noticeable in a future release 🙂 Thanks again 😉

standtall007
Protege
majortomVR - I have hopefully fixed the nauseating fast turn speed... Please give it a go 🙂 I have also made a Linux Build for you 😉 which you can find in the top post 😉 waiting for your opinion yet again 🙂

FictionX
Honored Guest
Hi

This looks fun. I'll definitely try it out the next time I boot to Windows 😉

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Linux. If you're using the 3.2.0 Unity integration, Linux isn't supported at all: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9250

Thanks for trying, though!!