cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[WIP] Jurassic rift update #1

Crovax
Explorer
Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new into the developing part with the rift but i've got some nice idea's. Browsing around throug the available games out there, it gave me some great ideas which could have some real potential.

Since I'm starting from 0, I need to learn everything very fast and try to make the best out of it.

So, I had an idea this morning. What if I create a game with Dinosaurs in a good looking environment? I mean, the rift has so many potential, so many units sold but only a few demo's are available. Lets make something.

The project is created in unity and is its,euhm, pre-pre-alpha phase for now :mrgreen:

The environment is pretty large and there is 1 idling dino in it. The scales and the movement could be an issue, its just a test where i'm building further on and will continue the next days.

I've got some ideas in mind that I will try to give the best experience of free-roaming in this world.
Comments / ideas are much appreaciated for a n00b like me 🙂

If you like this project, you can support me by providing ideas, comments,... If you want to be part of this project or want to contribute (models,renders), just send me a pm 🙂

I'm giving my self deadlines, so new update will be available : 16 aug
link to download : http://www.vcasolutions.be/jurassic_rift.rar
update #1 11th aug
link http://www.vcasolutions.be/jurassic_rift.rar
-added T-rex
-added army character
-added waypoints and character animation
-removed skybox for now.

screenshot :
11 REPLIES 11

AnotherAtreyu
Protege
We really need a good dinosaur game/demo for the Rift, I'm glad to see somebody else working on one! 🙂
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan

roguebot
Explorer
I'm getting a weird issue with the sky. Everything else looks normal, but the sky is in a different place in each eye.

Otherwise Dinosaurs are always great, keep at it!
My Demos Titan Defender: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3505 vrBubbles: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4066 Flight 0.1: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4330

WhiteThunder94
Honored Guest
😄 cool guys with some graphical improvements and bug fixes comes out something beautiful!

Crovax
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies so far... This is a real motivator for me to continue my work as a one man army with the help of a friend :ugeek:
The next update will include some more animations, more dinosaurs and some special, euh, things... A hint? I dont think that dinosaurs were peacefull creatures :mrgreen:

Dimitris
Honored Guest
it would be cool if you put in some jurassic park cars on rails doing a tour with a audio guide with info about dinosaurs. remember to get scale and movements correct on dinosaurs or else it will look like an themepark animatrinic.
looking forward to see the final product. 🙂

whoisonline
Explorer
thanks for sharing.

MrGeddings
Explorer
cool but lets not everyone make trex Rift games ok? 😛

Crovax
Explorer
@dimitris,
Yes, I definitely agree with that. With this idea everything started. However, i'm still learning the development with unity and oculus, its not so straightforward to have good models/animations available which could be used,specially these nice looking ones from JP.

@MrGeddings,
Thanks for your comment :mrgreen: I'm now even more motivated :ugeek:
Its not a game concept, it's an experience concept to make full use of the rift like a demo. Remember its still in its early stage and I tend to make something nice out it,perhaps something unique. I've got serveral other ideas waiting inline 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I literally just noticed this thread after making mine (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3571). This is awkward, sorry!