cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App denied because of VRC.PC.Performance.3

brusztli
Protege
Hi my game was failed on VRC.PC.Performance.3 test(App must display graphics in the headset at 90 frames per second (Rift), or 80 frames per second (Rift S) on Nvidia 970 GPU running Windows 10). The result was: "The application does not perform at 80/90 frames per second on recommended spec machines."

My question is: The game have to run with 90fps on gtx970?? Or the game have to run with 90 fps on recommended graphic card(I added gtx1070 for recommended).
Because on gtx1070 the game has 90fps. Why should i optimize the game for gtx970(its so old and weak card) if I wrote to recommended card is a gtx1070.

Thank you for your answer.
5 REPLIES 5

MikeF
Trustee
it has to run at 90/80 on a 970 because those were the original rift min specs. No way around that

Halfspacer
Adventurer
Why should i optimize the game for gtx970(its so old and weak card)
*Laughs in MobileVR*

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
If you are using unreal engine goto Window>developer tools>device profiles and set Cvars for scalability under windows before you compile,

Lexokon
Honored Guest
Having a similar issue.
Our game runs great on a gtx 1070 or equivalent so this was the spec we submitted with. We received a failed message the same as yours.
Why have a input for dictating a minimum spec if it is not followed? Also, there are several games on the Oculus store with minimum specs higher than the Oculus minimum gtx970.
What is the correct process for submitting with a slightly higher spec than the Oculus minimum?

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

Lexokon said:

Having a similar issue.
Our game runs great on a gtx 1070 or equivalent so this was the spec we submitted with. We received a failed message the same as yours.
Why have a input for dictating a minimum spec if it is not followed? Also, there are several games on the Oculus store with minimum specs higher than the Oculus minimum gtx970.
What is the correct process for submitting with a slightly higher spec than the Oculus minimum?

Submit a game that PASSES the requirements, then after it is approved is when most people upload the one that don't pass minimum, I'm not suggesting to do this but it seems to be what all the AAA studios have been doing as when a new game comes out and i buy it it runs smooth, then after an update or 2 it tends to get laggy.

I suggest doing as i stated in above post about setting cvars