cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Oculus Store team work or have they all been quarantined and the office closed?

SanBase
Explorer
The site says that the team works remotely, but I have a feeling that the guys stopped working at all...

Our application (Fractal Alchemist) was approved a week ago (we received an e-mail about this), but the application has not appeared in the Oculus Store till now. We sent several emails to the “submissions” and made a request to the “contacts” asking them about the situation, but received no response. Finally, we got an message from "submissions" (on Monday):

"The updates you requested have not yet been approved. Please review the changes you need to make here (link). After making the necessary changes, please submit your update again. We typically review metadata update requests within 1-2 business days"

We answered (on Tuesday morning):

"In fact, this link does not contain a list of bugs or comments, there is only an asset check (which did not change) and a malware test (nothing was found, of course).
Actually we just don’t understand what changes we need to make ...
The application has already been approved once, and we have not changed the metadata or any key components.
Just in case, we updated the build again and sent it back for review, but there was no reaction, except for an automatic email message.
Could you explain, please, in more detail what is required?"

Today is Wednesday, but again no reaction followed. I don’t understand - is this a normal Oculus practice or is it just that we were out of luck?

San

13 REPLIES 13

SanBase
Explorer
Today is Friday evening - there is not a single answer to our two letters to 'submissions@oculus.com' as well as two requests to https://developer.oculus.com/contact/. The application is still in status 'Under review by Oculus', although it was already approved two weeks ago. I do not understand what is going on.
Does the Oculus Store team always work this way or is this personal attitude towards us? It seems to me that remote work nevertheless implies work, and not just receiving a salary for nothing.

SanBase
Explorer
Today I got first email from Oculus:
"After careful review, we have enabled your application to be distributed via Oculus Keys rather than on the Oculus Store."
What? The app is ALREADY approved for the Oculus Store!
1bd5qjrv0sd9.png Did you really “carefully review” it, or you were too lazy to do it, but you need to answer something? I am sure that no one from Oculus was watching.

OK, here are 10 keys - take a look and say what’s not up to standard here? Maybe I don’t understand something...

JCT7J-4MMTW-9Q7NM-CAHAP-AE7XK
MF39X-WT3QY-JM3R7-JMKAE-NN7QR
7G49E-FMKTJ-GHYWY-WXECJ-C7XPJ
FA6HP-KG97N-ANQEP-AYMHX-RJQCY
4FYJX-RYMHT-77K4E-C6P49-XJKW4
TQ664-7TEJM-JJEAC-FC6JN-N69NX
AH7T7-GXPQ7-C7QCM-RXNXE-97MGM
NFTM6-FQ9HC-ERA7M-4PFEJ-NFNPK
4HK37-KYKJG-CFHG9-T9JXQ-6G3EE
4PRJ3-6YJH3-FEEMW-YCCG9-AA4H6

San

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems not to be the best practice to insult everyone if you want anyone to respond or asking for help...
just saying ...

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

SanBase said:

The site says that the team works remotely, but I have a feeling that the guys stopped working at all...

Our application (Fractal Alchemist) was approved a week ago (we received an e-mail about this), but the application has not appeared in the Oculus Store till now. We sent several emails to the “submissions” and made a request to the “contacts” asking them about the situation, but received no response. Finally, we got an message from "submissions" (on Monday):

"The updates you requested have not yet been approved. Please review the changes you need to make here (link). After making the necessary changes, please submit your update again. We typically review metadata update requests within 1-2 business days"

We answered (on Tuesday morning):

"In fact, this link does not contain a list of bugs or comments, there is only an asset check (which did not change) and a malware test (nothing was found, of course).
Actually we just don’t understand what changes we need to make ...
The application has already been approved once, and we have not changed the metadata or any key components.
Just in case, we updated the build again and sent it back for review, but there was no reaction, except for an automatic email message.
Could you explain, please, in more detail what is required?"

Today is Wednesday, but again no reaction followed. I don’t understand - is this a normal Oculus practice or is it just that we were out of luck?

San

even before the pandemic stuff it takes about 30 days after it is approved as they have the next step (content review)

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
also your game says it is approved for KEYS ONLY and this means your game fell short of their review process and don't meet their standards for store approval.

7j2iudjzmu5m.png

also looking here THIS is revision status of your text, images and information. NOT THE GAME BUILD

j9w2sfzd8mdb.png

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
hello, i took the last code in the list, there are 5 main issues I see with the game that threw me off at the start.

First when in a seated position, I start half under ground. might want to adjust the starting position a bit higher.

Second, the button mappings seem to change when clicking on things, this is ver disorienting to someone that has not seen a tutorial or button mappings.(add a tutorial that walks them through using their button mappings)

Third, I could not find any instructions on what the game is about or how it works. playing around with it I was able to load a fractal pattern and it was pretty cool but when moving inside the fractal it was super laggy. i suggest maybe only make the fractal copy itself in like a 9x9 grid not infinite as that makes it laggy. and moving almost made me sick in the fractal.

you should make a tutorial to explain how it all works like walk them through making their first fractal pattern.

masterful looking game btw. the graphics are unbelievably amazing.

Fourth issue you can't rotate your character with a button. i suggest making the joystick left and right ROTATE the character 45 degree angles each click. I can't play standing up due to a broken back so i sit and it makes it a bit hard to navigate.

Fifth if you don't have any cubes/colors loaded and you click to go in the fractal you are in a blank room and you can't really get back. maybe make only 1 button be a back button as when you hook up the gage the back button is different if you got a book open. 

I can't wait for a tutorial that explains how to use this as it looks amazing and loading up the pre made fractals are pretty amazing but like i said it is very laggy because the fractals are infinite. 

this game will be awesome once you add the suggestions i made.
very beautiful game btw. just needs a bit of work.
hope this helps.

on a side note some slow piano music in the background would be nice too, you know to get them creative juices flowing in your mind.

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

spacefrog said:

Seems not to be the best practice to insult everyone if you want anyone to respond or asking for help...
just saying ...

just hop along mr frog. try helping the guy instead of being rude.

Anonymous
Not applicable

spacefrog said:

just saying ...

care to explain whats rude in my post ? compared to the tone of the  original post ?
And your's BTW...

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

spacefrog said:

spacefrog said:

just saying ...

care to explain whats rude in my post ? compared to the tone of the  original post ?
And your's BTW...

yea i'll explain since your brain seems pretty small. the corona virus is killing people stressing people out and he seems stressed is all. WE ALL ARE, and you come here just to heckle and be rude try helping instead. that is rude. if you are not going to help then don't comment at all. you are not his mommy nor his teacher. keep your rude comments to yourself.