cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File size discrepancy

SplicedDNA
Protege
Oculus adds 2 GB to the space of my game. My game is only 100 MB but shows up as 2.1 GB. I realize this is not a bug, but I think the UI could portray this fact better. For example, this is the install UI for the game. It shows 2.1 GB right next to a DOWNLOAD call-to-action:
3gn8hwd0eg42.png

I think it incorrectly makes the user assume that they are about to download 2.10 GB over their internet, which is NOT the case.

Also, on the game's store page, it shows Space Required as 2.1 GB as well:

cx2tdi7kuw2d.png

It is a shame because that is a 20X size increase over the actual size of my game. I've worked hard to keep the application size down so that it reduces the friction of downloading for the user, but that fact isn't communicated well at all.

I realize this is not a bug, so it's more of a feature request. I think it would be more fair to better represent my game's size.
3 REPLIES 3

SplicedDNA
Protege
This is on the Desktop Oculus application if you click into a detail page about file size:
n35jk97v8egz.jpg
So I'm guessing that 2 GB is used for caching during the install process? I think it is making the user think they are downloading/storing 2.1 GB, which is NOT the case.

SplicedDNA
Protege
Wondering if there has been any discussion on this after my last comment. I think it is confusing a lot of users into thinking they are downloading a lot more than they are.

SplicedDNA
Protege
Still think this is an issue. Every game on the Oculus store appears to be 2 GB larger than it actually is. I don't see why you need to include downloading cache files in the overall size, it makes little sense.