cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the IAP (In App Purchase) upload broken?

noemis
Protege
Hey there,

we've want to integrate an IAP in our app. One of the first thing is (before you can access them and use the code stuff), you'll need to configure the available IAP (under your app / details / platform / IAP) - there you got a TSV template, which you can modifiy to you needs, but even if I upload the template TSV, it shows/parses the correct content but when we press save, we get an error. We get this error since 12.12.2016: "IAP Update Error: ...bla bla... we are working on it..." - HA HA HA

Example Video:
http://www.mobypicture.com/user/blendFX_/view/19561803

We wrote Oculus email / bugreports and even tweets... but they just ignore us. Really anoying... Does anyone manage to add IAP this month? You could also give it a try, because nothing happens if you don't use them in you app...

Most depressing thing, that we wanted the IAP before christmas... which is now impossible.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

boonefb
Protege
This issue should be fixed now. Sorry it took so long.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

nilstastic
Explorer
I got the same thing just now, the problem was a couple of trailing spaces on the item type. Now, that might not be your problem but take a look at the response message (json) using chrome dev tools (F12) - that's how I found out what was wrong.

noemis
Protege
thank your @nilstastic for your response, which is the first sign from the www that at least somebody heard from our problem... also good idea to use the dev tools to analyse the error, but I still can not save the IAP template... I also simplified and looked at every single space, tab,... tried different pc/browser... there's always this error.

So at least you can confirm, that you CAN save after uploading you IAPs?

sebastian_k
Honored Guest
At least on my computer I can confirm this issue. I also tried different browsers, different OSs, but nothing works. Since there is no reaction from Oculus whatsoever, we are really running out of ideas here. Is anyone here able to upload and successfully save the IAP template in the Platform/IAP section? Are we the only ones getting this error?

nilstastic
Explorer
Did you try pasting the data in instead using the file? I had no problems with it (saving etc) yesterday (chrome, win 10).

sebastian_k
Honored Guest
I just tried that, and it doesn't work (Chrome and Firefox, both on Linux. We were also trying the TSV on Win, Mac and Lin, same result). After pasting or uploading it does display the items correctly. However, once we hit save we get an error message. Could it be because we use USD even though we are from Germany and EUR is not allowed? Because if upload or copy paste works for you it must be some kind of other weird error that only affects us. Or we are doing something else wrong. But what could that be?

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Hi,

A couple questions:

1) What is your Organization name (from Developer Dashboard)?
2) What is your Submission Status?
3) Can you provide a snippet of the IAP items you are trying to apply to your app?

I was able to download the TSV template from the website, modify it, upload it back to the website, viewed my changes, and saved them without any errors.
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

noemis
Protege
hey juanoldinho,

1. blendFX_
(sadly there is an underscore at the end... while creation "blendFX" gave me an error)
2. our app OpenMovieVR is online (>100.000 User) and the current submission is confirmed (and not editable), so we try it on the submission version 2 which is currently on draft
3. we can not even save the template

Did you saw the video above - it's still the same.

noemis
Protege
hey @juanoldinho, no ideas?

some ghost added the example IAPs to our account this weekend... but we still not can save our own, for example: 
SKU	Name	Description	Currency	Amount	Item Type
CAMCORDER camcorder Example IAP USD 1.99 Durable

Should I make another screencast to proove? Why does it take so long to solve such a fundemantal problem for a developer... I'm not asking for help to create a cube.

boonefb
Protege
This issue should be fixed now. Sorry it took so long.