cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should there be any feedback when we submit and fail to get in the store? Do we guess what to do?

beep2bleep
Protege
Should a developer get emails when you go through the store submission steps, and is there any feedback?  I've recently had 2 apps get approved for keys only.  To my understanding, this is basically a kiss of death and they won't get reviewed for store use again.  When I researched the documentation it says you'll get emails at every step and feedback.  I only ever get emails when I submit, and I have to F5 the pages to see the status.  As a developer are you supposed to get an email when you pass various stages of approval, and should you get any feedback when you get set to Keys Only.

I was planning on expanding my experiences as I started with free and low priced experiences, but I'm honestly pretty frustrated that not only does it seem I won't be able to get in the store but also I have no idea why.  I'm willing to change or add whatever they want but so far I have had no feedback.  I emailed submissions at oculus but was wondering if this was the standard Oculus developer experience that we just have to do our best and hope with no idea of how it went wrong.
4 REPLIES 4

beep2bleep
Protege
Yes I received "Thanks for your app submission!" on 8/8 for bleepingHomeRunDerbyForStore1_7.apk and "New Information Submitted for Umpire Simulator" on 8/9.  But I never received any other messages.  According to your documentation, it says that you'll receive messages at each step of the process.  Both apps successfully proceeded past the VRKs and previously entered what I believe was store/content review.  Both apps are now stuck in Keys only, so they'll never be seen by any users.

Specifically the email on 8/8 includes the line "
After the review is complete, you'll receive another email with a status update and follow-up instructions.".  According to the application page, as of today it changed to  Application Status is "Approved for keys only", and Revision Status "Approved" so I assume all of the reviews are completed and I have failed and my app will never be available in the store like Umpire Simulator.

beep2bleep
Protege
I'm happy to make changes or a follow up based on feedback, but I was hoping I can get some feedback as to why my games have been considered unsatisfactory.

beep2bleep
Protege
I got feedback. Thanks imperativity! I'll continue developing for Oculus.

beep2bleep
Protege

@beep2bleep

According to the application page, as of today it changed to 
Application Status is "Approved for keys only", and Revision Status
"Approved" so I assume all of the reviews are completed and I have
failed and my app will never be available in the store like Umpire
Simulator.
It looks like there's an issue on our end that has prevented these emails from reaching you. We are pursuing a fix internally at this time.

I'm working on getting you notes from our store team explaining why your games are keys designated. Stay tuned.

@imperativity  I'm still not getting any emails when items complete, nor any notes about the why games are keys designated.