cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ovr-platform-util.exe fails with error "A server error occurred. The request will be retried."

j-lc
Level 3
Hi,

For the past couple of days, I've been unable to upload builds to the Oculus backend using ovr-platform-util.

The following stages succeed:

- Starting upload for app: xxx
- Finding files...
- Validating package...
- Deduplicating segments:
- Submitting segments:

But the last stage "Submitting upload..." loops on the following error: "A server error occurred. The request will be retried."

I'm using ovr-platform-util in version 1.38.0.000001

Is there something wrong on the server side?

Thanks,
Julien
13 REPLIES 13

DiscoRocket
Level 5
Same. Pretty sure it's a server issue.

mouse_bear
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Thanks for the heads up. I've notified our engineering team and they've pushed out a fix for this. Please try once more - if it still doesn't work for you, ping me and I'll take a look.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!

j-lc
Level 3
Thanks @NinjaGaijin,
I just tried uploading again and it failed with the same error. I'm sending you the associated log file via private message, it contains a stack trace that might help you investigate.

OlegGolota
Level 2
Hi, I have this issue too, can you help solve it?

Lauren
Level 4
Hi @NinjaGG , same issue here. As soon as I hit the upload stage, I get "A network error occurred. The request will be retried." over and over. Another post said to just let it run and ignore the errors but I ran out of memory. The detailed logs say:

2020-11-12T03:14:02.469Z [ERROR] Server log: {"app_id":<redacted>,"log_level":"ERROR","event_name":"NETWORK_ERROR","stack_trace":"Error: read ECONNRESET\n    at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:622:25)","extra":"{\"options\":{\"method\":\"POST\",\"url\":\"https://graph.oculus.com/binary_upload_transfer\",\"qs\":{},\"formData\":{\"upload_session_id\":\"<redacted>\",\"start_offset\":\"110000000\",\"chunk\":{\"_readableState\":{\"objectMode\":false,\"highWaterMark\":65536,\"buffer\":{\"head\":{\"data\":{\"type\":\"Buffer\",\"data\":[<a lot of data>

40dB
Level 2

Also getting this issue "A server error occurred. The request will be retried." Is there a solution or is the solution just wait for servers to respond again?

Cheers

jawatr
Level 3

We are also experiencing this issue. All uploads were fine until last night.
This is the error we see in the log files
{
"app_id": xxxx,
"log_level": "ERROR",
"event_name": "API_ERROR",
"stack_trace": "at [eval]:80:3679\nat p ([eval]:9:419)\nat Generator._invoke ([eval]:9:1723)\nat Generator.t.(anonymous function) [as next] ([eval]:9:841)\nat n ([eval]:78:82)\nat v ([eval]:78:292)\nat [eval]:78:351\nat new Promise (<anonymous>)\nat [eval]:78:233\nat Object._log ([eval]:80:4054)",
"extra": "{\"response\":{\"error\":{\"message\":\"Parameter obb_binary_id: Invalid id: 0\",\"type\":\"OCApiException\",\"code\":100,\"fbtrace_id\":\"AHZEtc-k0WMVuw_bKIif5Jv\"}},\"options\":{\"method\":\"POST\",\"url\":\"https://graph.oculus.com/binary_upload_submit\",\"qs\":{},\"formData\":{\"app_id\":xxx,\"asset_file_..."}"
}

GrooveJonesVR
Level 2

Sane error here: "A server error occurred. The request will be retried." 9 times and finally "ERROR: An unexpected error occurred"

Luis.Zan
Level 4

Getting the same error here.