cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ovr-platform-util failing with 'a server error occurred'

Raj_OOI
Honored Guest
I'm trying to use the ovr-platform-util to upload my first build to the beta branch. Everything appears to 'work' until it says 'Submitting upload...'
I then get:
A server error occurred. The request will be retried.

10 times before: ERROR: An unexpected error occurred

I don't have a clue what's wrong, the appid and secret key are correct the log reports 10 line like this (i've xxx-xxx out my app id):

2019-03-28T17:37:28.131Z [ERROR] Server log: {"app_id":xxx-xxx,"log_level":"ERROR","event_name":"API_ERROR","stack_trace":"at Object.<anonymous> ([eval]:141:2852)\nat j.... This line goes on for like 63K characters or json looking data - I don't want to paste it all here unless necessary.

Anyone have any clue, a few posts about this, with people simply saying "I've fixed it!' - app id was wrong or other such things that I've checked and are correct for me - as far as I can tell.

8 REPLIES 8

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@Raj_OOI Checking in - are you still having this issue?
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!

Raj_OOI
Honored Guest
hmm it has appeared to succeed today, magically, did you do something your end? server issue? I've yet to be able to test it as it's not propgated,but I thought I'd answer as quick as possible.

Raj_OOI
Honored Guest
@NinjaGaijin
Just ran it a 2nd time and it's failing again over and over 😞

Submitting upload...

Raj_OOI
Honored Guest
So after I ran it the 2nd time, the version number and build appeared in my Release Channel as if it was valid, even though the build seemed to fail submitting. From the user stand point in the Oculus Home, it said there was an update with the new version number, but it couldnot be downloaded - details said it was 'not in a correct state'. So it uploaded a corrupt build - not good for us if that happens a lot 😞 I would really like to get this sorted so our build machine can auto upload it

GVRemote
Honored Guest
Been dealing with the same exact problem since about Thursday/Friday (April 4th/5th).

TeachAids_
Honored Guest
Same. Any update on this?

Architect3D
Explorer
Hi, I'm having the same issue uploading the app using the command utility tool. 
Validating build...
Please help

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
like i said in another post this error is normal. just let it run. it does this due to slow connections.
the window will close its self once it completes. i know the error looks odd but its still working in the background. just let it do its thing.